Will Tourist Visa Be Okay

I have been reading back through this forum and I think a tourist visa would be OK for me but would like some advice to make sure

I intend to travel to Thailand fairly often but at the moment I intend to fly to Thailand on the 13th August, the middle of October And the 15th February(may be earlier) and stay for one month at least on each occasion but most probably two months in October

Some questions that I would like to clarify is if I get a 60 day tourist visa does the 6 month start from the day of issue or the day of the first arrival. Another question is if it starts on the day of arrival I would have to apply for another visa for the February visit if I was already in Thailand when the 6 months run out would I have to apply for a new visa or could I get an extension, or if I was to fly on the 15th there would only be 2 days between the old visa finishing and the new visa starting would this cause a problem

Thanks in advance for any advice

A 60 day tourist visa is only valid for 90 days from date of issue. If you obtain a two or three entry tourist visa it will be for six months from date of issue. No entry can be made after that six months but if you are already here you can remain for your permitted to stay time and obtain the normal 30 day extension of stay. You can apply for new visas but most countries will only issue single entry at a time.

A 60 day tourist visa is only valid for 90 days from date of issue. If you obtain a two or three entry tourist visa it will be for six months from date of issue. No entry can be made after that six months but if you are already here you can remain for your permitted to stay time and obtain the normal 30 day extension of stay. You can apply for new visas but most countries will only issue single entry at a time.

Thanks for the reply just to clarify If i apply for a multi entry visa straight away it the would finish in January could I then apply for a new 60 day multi entry visa straight away to allow me to use it for the February visit or would it have to be a single entry Visa. I intend to return to the UK after each visit

Yes and it will probably be approved. But if you plan to continue frequent trips you might want to apply at Hull for a non immigrant O visa which is valid for a year and provides up to 90 days stay on each entry.

So a new Visa in January would not be definite if that is the case would it be better to go on a 30 Day entry stamp in August and then apply for a 60 day multi entry visa at the beginning of October

Is it possible to get an extension on a 30 day entry stamp when in Thailand

The problem with the year long visa is that I have no fixed address in UK

Edited by offset

You should not have a problem getting a tourist visa - but we don't have crystal balls that can predict when/if it might be subject to change. You require a visa if your departing ticket is more than 30 days from your arrival. The most extension you could obtain on a 30 day stamp would be 7 days and you would have to justify it.

Just one last thing (trying to cover all problems) if I went for a multi entry 60 day visa now and on a 30 day entry stamp in Febuary would all the time that I spent in Thailand on the 60 day visa count against the 90 day in 6 month rule for the entry stamp if so when would it start from

lopburi3 thanks for the help so far

to answer your question, no. Any days spent on a proper visa doesn't count toward the limit on exempt stamps.

Thank you that is the way I will go I will get a 60 day multi entry now and decided on whether to get the same again or an entry stamp for February Just one more question if I do my visa arrangements this way how many days could I stay in Thailand before the 60 day visa runs out in January

Visa will be one, two or three entry. Each entry is 60 days but can easily be extended 30 more and in emergency another 7.

A three entry would be valid six months from date of issue.

Issue by Consulate on 10 Aug

Arrive 13 Aug for up to 60 + 30 days

Arrive Mid Oct for up to 60 + 30 days

Arrive not later than 9 Feb for up to 60 + 30 days

Visa will be one, two or three entry. Each entry is 60 days but can easily be extended 30 more and in emergency another 7.

A three entry would be valid six months from date of issue.

Issue by Consulate on 10 Aug

Arrive 13 Aug for up to 60 + 30 days

Arrive Mid Oct for up to 60 + 30 days

Arrive not later than 9 Feb for up to 60 + 30 days

Thanks again I think that has answered all my questions for the moment