Marriage extension and Non-O visa

Hi

I'm about to get the Non-O visa (marriage) and then get the 1 year marriage extension. Is the 1 yr extension added on the last day that my O visa expires or on the day they approve the extension? 

After I got my O visa, I would prefer to just apply for the 1 yr extension on the same day or the day after to have it all done. But only if the 1 yr is added on the last day of the O visa. 

Thank you. 

33 minutes ago, TPDH said:

After I got my O visa, I would prefer to just apply for the 1 yr extension on the same day or the day after to have it all done. But only if the 1 yr is added on the last day of the O visa. 

Best to obtain the non O and apply for extension in the last 30 days of the non O permission of stay..

You cannot do the extension that early.

Also what financials are you planning to use.

If money in the bank the funds need to have been in your Thai bank account in your name only for at least 2 months prior to extension 

Assume that you have the bank account in place.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If money in the bank the funds need to have been in your Thai bank account in your name only for at least 2 months prior to extension

That is only a very few offices, (jomtien is one I believe), otherwise it only has to be in your account on the day you apply

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

That is only a very few offices, (jomtien is one I believe), otherwise it only has to be in your account on the day you apply

Only true in respect of the non-O visa conversion part of the process (which I assume is how the OP is about to obtain his non-O visa). For his subsequent annual extension of stay application for marriage, the OP will need to have seasoned in his bank account a minimum of 400k for at least 2 months, as correctly stated by @DrJack54.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

Read posts carefully. I stated ....

".....for at least 2 months prior to extension"

I was referring to extensions NOT applying for non O.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:14 PM, OJAS said:

Only true in respect of the non-O visa conversion part of the process (which I assume is how the OP is about to obtain his non-O visa). For his subsequent annual extension of stay application for marriage, the OP will need to have seasoned in his bank account a minimum of 400k for at least 2 months, as correctly stated by @DrJack54.

I thought the documents needed for the Non-O (marriage) was the same as the 1 year marriage extension? How are the documents required different? 

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, TPDH said:

I thought the documents needed for the Non-O (marriage) was the same as the 1 year marriage extension? How are the documents required different? 

Thank you. 

The difference is the seasoning of the funds

For Non O the funds only need to be in bank on day of application.

For the extension funds required to have been in bank for 2 months prior to day of application.

There is one immigration office that is doing their own thing and requiring 2 months prior to application for the Non O.

That is Jomtien.

There are also couple of offices refusing to process application for Non O from visa exempt entry using TM87.

Best to check with your immigration office.

You would have no issue at eg CW. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just got my 3 month non-imm O visa (marriage) and next I'll apply for the 1 year marriage extension. I forgot whether I need to apply at least 2 weeks in advance or is it within the last 2 weeks of my visa? 

9 minutes ago, TPDH said:

I forgot whether I need to apply at least 2 weeks in advance or is it within the last 2 weeks of my visa? 

Folk need to apply with at least 2 weeks remaining on permission of stay if obtaining Non O at immigration..

For your extension you can apply anytime.

Most apply up to 30 days early in case there is an issue. 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Folk need to apply with at least 2 weeks remaining on permission of stay if obtaining Non O at immigration..

For your extension you can apply anytime.

Most apply up to 30 days early in case there is an issue. 

Thank you. I guess the 1 year extension is added on the last day of the non-imm O visa as opposed to on the day I applied for the extension? 

On 9/25/2023 at 6:29 AM, TPDH said:

Thank you. 

The difference is a whole bunch more BS.