Confused by dental crown choices in Thailand

JTXR

In the US, when I had crowns done, there was no discussion of materials.  A crown was a crown.  I've noticed, though, at the clinics in Bangkok, they offer different material choices (with different prices).  Below is just an an example of one site's options.

How can I go about finding what corresponds to a standard crown in the US?  Thanks.

1591361307_Screenshot2023-09-25at9_29_53AM.png.83beed51ca4a579a89dd5e44d9e739c7.png

There is no such thing as a standard crown in the US. All of these materials and more are commonly used for crowns in the US. Without knowing anything about your specific situation, I'd suggest a gold crown for a posterior tooth and a porcelain fused to metal crown for an anterior tooth.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

18 hours ago, Duke007 said:

There is no such thing as a standard crown in the US. All of these materials and more are commonly used for crowns in the US. Without knowing anything about your specific situation, I'd suggest a gold crown for a posterior tooth and a porcelain fused to metal crown for an anterior tooth.

The zoconrium  crowns are 3000 baht pee crown not $3000

• Like 1

As previously stated there is no such thing as a standard crown in the usa. In fact as someone in the business, I would suggest dental standards in the USA are lower than in many other countries. For instance pfm crowns still allow nickel in the USA which is banned in European countries. Most good crowns offered in Thailand are monolith zirconia. Meaning they are just a solid lump of fancy glass. These are good. And offered in the usa.

Zirconia coping layered in porcelain are nicer looking in my opinion, but it really depends on the tooth involved. Emax is also considered more aesthetic in appearance, and bonds to tissue better

But in most cases, except perhaps front teeth, the monolithic zirconia is quite adequate.

• Like 1

bangkokdentalspa.com

Dr. Lily Poncheron

You can't get better prosthetics and dentistry, and at decent prices for Lily.

US prosthetics is available but also German items here (which I have, these are superb).

Prices are insane for US stuff so don't even bother comparing to LOS as its apples and oranges.