TM30 Registration process

Can the TM30 be completed and registered online?

If I am staying in a Province where the nearest IMO is located in another province can my friends submit the form there?

Is there a time limit to submitting a hard copy?

Years ago I just reported my presence at the local Tambon Police Station! I cannot recall a TM30 being mentioned.

Last year my hosts were fined 1600 B for not submitting the form.  when they asked how they would know of the various forms needed by foreigners the response was, "You have to know!"

What is the IQ level required by IMOs when joining the Ministry?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fgmr said:

Can the TM30 be completed and registered online?

If I am staying in a Province where the nearest IMO is located in another province can my friends submit the form there?

Is there a time limit to submitting a hard copy?

Years ago I just reported my presence at the local Tambon Police Station! I cannot recall a TM30 being mentioned.

Last year my hosts were fined 1600 B for not submitting the form.  when they asked how they would know of the various forms needed by foreigners the response was, "You have to know!"

What is the IQ level required by IMOs when joining the Ministry?

#1 - Can the TM30 be completed and registered online?

Yes, the owner, landlord or tenant of the place where you are staying, can register the premises on the IO TM-30 website.  And that will then allow him/her to notify the local Imm Office online that a foreigner is staying at the premises (TM-30 notification). 

#2 - If I am staying in a Province where the nearest IMO is located in another province can my friends submit the form there?

You have to register at the Imm Office of the province where the premises are located, even if another Imm Office is much closer. 

#3 - Is there a time limit to submitting a hard copy?

Such notification (be it on-line or done in person with hard-copy) should be done within 24 hours of the foreigner arriving at the premises. 

Most Imm Offices are lenient on that '24 hours' requirement (which is mainly aimed at Hotels/Guesthouses), so when doing it within 1-2 weeks is normally accepted.  But as TiT there are of course Imm Offices who will fine you for not having done it in time.

#4 - Years ago I just reported my presence at the local Tambon Police Station! I cannot recall a TM30 being mentioned.

That was in the time when some provinces did not have their own Imm Office.  TM-30 regulations have changed and it is currently a hard requirement to have a TM-30 filed to get any service from an Imm Office. 

Note that you might not be aware that you filed a TM-30, because when providing your local Imm Office with a copy of your rental agreement (a necessary accompagning document when staying at a rented place) the local Imm Office might file a TM-30 for you without them telling you.

#5 - Last year my hosts were fined 1600 B for not submitting the form.  when they asked how they would know of the various forms needed by foreigners the response was, "You have to know!"

Yes, you are supposed to 'know the law'.  But of course the law (and Imm requirements) in Thailand are a very fluent concept as every Imm Office has the authority to interpret, adapt and amend the requirements as they see fit.  

And crazy as it might sound, the Imm Office can fine you, if the owner/landlord or host of the place where you are staying has not submitted a TM-30 of you staying at the premises. And since it is you that needs an immigration service (e.g. an extension of stay) you will then have little choice but to pay that fine, as otherwise they will not provide you with any service.  

#6 - What is the IQ level required by IMOs when joining the Ministry?

IQ level is irrelevant, what matters are having the right 'connections' and sometimes providing a 'brown envelope' to get the job (obviously, the appointee will then often also apply 'brown envelope' tactics to recover his investment).   

• Thanks 1

I just love how they swing the psychological warfare sword over all those non-Thais in a country, where 50% of the population is not living at the registered address; half Isan is working along the seashore or in Bangkok's suburban manufacturing and all their house registrations are somewhere all over the 17 provinces in Northeastern Thailand or another dozen or so in the North. 

Everybody is same in Thailand, irrespective of race, religion or nationality - yet some are just samer than others ????