Suvarnabhumi VND

JBChiangRai

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 10:38 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Is it better to change money to VND in SVB or Vietnam?

Or is Thai baht or US$ worth taking?

I always do it in Vietnam. Easy to change USD or THB at the airport and loads of places throughout HCMC. Or just take money out of ATMs there.

I must admit I have never checked which rate is better, I don't think it's worth bothering about - I just go for the most convenient rather than worrying if I am losing 100 baht here or there.

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I always do it in Vietnam. Easy to change USD or THB at the airport and loads of places throughout HCMC. Or just take money out of ATMs there.

I must admit I have never checked which rate is better, I don't think it's worth bothering about - I just go for the most convenient rather than worrying if I am losing 100 baht here or there.

Thanks, we fly out there tomorrow 

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Thanks, we fly out there tomorrow 

Ok, HCMC is littered with exchange places but always good to get some in the airport for your taxi and immediate needs - just after immigration before you go down for baggage claim, but also plenty downstairs before you leave the airport.

Have a good trip.

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Ok, HCMC is littered with exchange places but always good to get some in the airport for your taxi and immediate needs - just after immigration before you go down for baggage claim, but also plenty downstairs before you leave the airport.

Have a good trip.

If you haven't been there before there are a few scammy taxis at the airport who will rip you off. When you come out turn left and walk to the end for the Vinasun taxi queue. Proper meters and decent cabs, don't take any others, just look for Vinasun - they have staff with shirts and ties. "No thank you, Vinasun" if anyone tries to intercept you.

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Have a good trip.

Thanks again, but actually we are flying to Da Nang, and I’m sure we will find an ATM in the airport