rewiring a distributor

Pouatchee

i have an old bmw e30 and the distributor gave out. my electrical service guy can replace it with a second hand one but recommends having the old one rewired. anyone know of any shops? preferably near rayong or pattaya, but i can have it shipped out if further than that

5 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i have an old bmw e30 and the distributor gave out. my electrical service guy can replace it with a second hand one but recommends having the old one rewired. anyone know of any shops? preferably near rayong or pattaya, but i can have it shipped out if further than that

I knew years ago on Sukumvith Naklua near the foot bridge at the traffic light there was a shop that did rewirings. Close to Numchai bicycle shop

Edited by BenStark
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I knew years ago on Sukumvith Naklua near the foot bridge at the traffic light there was a shop that did rewirings

i will check it out. much obliged

what side of the road may i ask?

going into pats or towards bkk?

Edited by Pouatchee

Sorry I am old school but to me a distributor is a mechanical device to distribute the high voltage current to the spark plugs in the correct firing order. Nothing to rewind in the Bosch distributor as fitted to the old E30. Perhaps it is the ignition coil that has failed as it is a known weak spot on pre 1991 cars. Or do you mean some sort of electrical distribution box associated with the wiring harness. If you want a reliable ignition system it is possible to retrofit the coil over individual spark plug system as fitted to later cars.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1