Some questions about applying for perment Thai residency

Hi folks, this is mind boggling...

Oct till Dec this years comes the time to apply for Thai PR.

I've checked below official required document from Thai imm website.  (Thai Spouse is page 3)

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/2.4เอกสารประกอบภาษาอังกฤษ-2566.pdf

Would like some advices for those who've sucessfully done it for my below concerns please.

1) I've married to Thai spouse for 5 yrs no kids, so I am eligible for under Humanity - Thai spouse? 

2)If you are unemployed at the time for applying is there any problems? 

3) Below item 7 & 8 on their requirements, there is example shown  https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1744

Who needs to prepare them, company or labour department?

7. The letter of employment history from Office of Foreign Workers Administration (Work Permit), Department of Employment Library (download at https://www.immigration.go.th– Applying for a resident’s visa in Thailand)and copy of all of the supporter’s work permit(s) (every single page that contains information)

8.The employment certification letter from the supporter’s work place which is signed by the company’s authorized person (as per the official form) required last 2 years (download at https://www.immigration.go.th – Applying for a resident’s visa in Thailand) and employment application with employment agreement (if any)

4) Anyone used agents before and whats the price?

I don't think I can do this with me wifey, and gonna be back and forth visit to immigration office 10 times

5 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I don't think immigration will accept an application from someone who isn't employed at the time of application. 

Thai spouse category does allow one to apply on that basis, but does not remove the minimum 3-year continuous employment and tax payment requirement.

3 year continuius/tax payment. This meaning it doesnt have to be in the same company and as long as i can show Kor91? for income tax payment for 3 continuous year?

*Do u currently hold thai PR?

2 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

3 year continuius/tax payment. This meaning it doesnt have to be in the same company and as long as i can show Kor91? for income tax payment for 3 continuous year?

I am not sure whether it needs to be with the same company, but I understand that one needs to be on a non-immigant B visa continuously for the three year period. I don't know if that is possible if one switches jobs.

Yes, I have PR since the 1990s.

Honestly, if you are starting from zero now preparation now, I wouldn't bother. You are going to need notarisation and police records from your home country, documents and tax returns from your HR, plus time to have the PR desk check them all, vet them. You normally have to get the ball rolling well before the offical announcement.

Given you are married to a Thai citizen you can skip PR anyway for roughly the same qualifications. Paperwork is much easier and it only costs 5,000 baht (vs 98,000 for PR). You can apply all year around too. No need to choose nationalities and the Thai language test is waived for married applicants. 

https://www.thaicitizenship.com/thai-citizenship-application-process/

Edited by kiwiaussie
  • Like 1

Hi kiwiaussie, I suppose ur suggesting to get a thai citizenship instead of pr right?

But I can't cuz oman doesnt allow dual citizenship and i wanna keep my origin

Anyway that link is easier to understand than thai immigration website for PR requirements.

I think im not eligible cuz i aint working now and I gotta get a job and hussle for min 2 years till apply... oh jesus

I guess i gotta keep my missus under temper before she ditches me b4 i get mah pr....

Thanks,

LL Cool J 

image.png

• Like 1

Look up www.kss.co.th, a professional legal service provider where Mr Anuchai Autchayawat is your man. Contact him, let him go through your paperwork and he'll tell you, if they take the case or not. If not, then don't try elsewhere - they coached many PR applicants, all successfully, at a flat service fee and many others from PR to naturalization. 
The bureaucratic maze is unbelievable and you want someone to keep an eye on your file; KSS performed ten out of ten - anytime again ???? 

On 9/30/2023 at 2:22 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

You need to be working, which you said you don't. So you don't qualify.

• Like 1