Septoria

Peabody

On 9/30/2023 at 12:18 PM, Peabody said:

I think I've got it. Any food local fungicide or homemade solutions? My plants are several weeks into flowering.

Sorry to hear. 

Because it’s fungal and spreads through spores, it can be particularly insidious. The only good thing about septoria is that it attacks leaves and not flowers; it does not affect or change cannabinoid content. That does not mean you should necessarily smoke it, sell it or even make extract from it.

If you could provide a few details I can give you some meaningful advice, treatment and overall IPM procedure, moving forward.

How many plants are affected out of how many plants total?

Is this a commercial or hobby grow?

Indoors or outdoors?

What substrate are you in?

You say you are “several weeks into flowering”. Are you past 3rd week?

You say you think you got it? Are you SURE it’s septoria? Not Ca deficiency?

How many plants are affected out of how many plants total? 4x4 tent, 4 plants, 2 major infection, 2 starting to show. I take care of my other 2, non-infected tents (different room), before doing anything in the infected one.

Is this a commercial or hobby grow? Hobby

Indoors or outdoors? Indoors

What substrate are you in? Soil blend: 33% "cannamix", 33% perlite, 33% peat moss, 1% hopes and dreams

You say you are “several weeks into flowering”. Are you past 3rd week? Between 3 and 4 weeks

You say you think you got it? Are you SURE it’s septoria? Never sure about anything!  ????

Not Ca deficiency? That was first thought. Bumped up Ca, no dif. Adjusted pH to 6.0

I'm going to try a mix of 3tbsp potassium bicarbonate, 3tbsp of coconut oil, and 0.5tsp castile soap --> 1 gallon water for foliar spray. Have clipped all infected leaves.

Also, bugs.

Infection occurred right after moving.

20230930_094651.jpg

20230930_094913.jpg

Edited by Peabody

Increasing pH at the leaf surface with Potassium Bicarbonate is a good idea. Using any oil in flower is not. You will forever regret it if you intend on smoking the buds. Snap, crackle, pop, comes to mind…

4 plants? Do a complete defoliation of any leaf with a petiole (stem). Needless to say, remove ALL affected leaves first. We can debate this technique later if you would like.  The plant will rebound if….

Wash your hands with soap at all steps. You will re-contaminate your plants with septoria spores.

Increase airflow to more than you have now. Persistent high humidity is a catalyst for septoria.

Lollipop/skirt the lower 1/3 of your plant from the substrate up.

Decrease watering events with a larger dry back

Spray your tent, walls, floor with H2O2 (3%). Remove your plants first.

Edited by SamuiGrower