Where are these Isaan business nowadays

georgegeorgia

Remember years ago when I went into the Isaan

Cherm chim

, Udon Thani ,a pommy guy had his staff dress up in costume, is he still around 

Farang connection,

I can't remember exactly where that was, Kalasin?? but I stopped there nice old farang owner imagine he is dead by now 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Cherm chim

Farang connection,

I can't remember exactly where that was, Kalasin?? but I stopped there nice old farang owner imagine he is dead by now 

There was a Farang Connection in Surin many years ago (near to the Bus station and Majestic Hotel). The owner, Martin died many years ago (maybe 14 years) and the place then closed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Yes the Farang Connection was in Surin near bus station. Last time I was there it had a rival opposite called Green Mango.

Both were nice places.

There WAS also The Oasis Bar, both now gone and owners are in the great bar in the sky!!! 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2023 at 7:09 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Cherm chim

Farang connection,

Dunno,    .... but more important is who owns the pub in Melbourne now? ????

Cherm Chim was started by a chap called John. He sold it on after a couple of years, new owner died about a year after. Stayed derelict for years. John is on his 3rd or  4th business  now since then (quite successful, but sells if a good offer is made).

On 10/6/2023 at 12:03 AM, rickudon said:

Cherm Chim was started by a chap called John. He sold it on after a couple of years, new owner died about a year after. Stayed derelict for years. John is on his 3rd or  4th business  now since then (quite successful, but sells if a good offer is made).

I wonder if a similar store would do good nowadays, I guess you can order everything online now

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

That was another one that was for sale last time I heard , didn't it have a gay owner at one stage ?

The last time I was there was at least 15 years ago and the owner wasn't gay. I can't remember his name but I think it was a husband and wife?