First bus to Pattaya.

NoshowJones

12 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

What time is the first bus to Pattaya from Mochit bus terminal.

also, what is the cost of a taxi from Bang Sue train station to Mochit.

Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mochit+to+pattaya+bus&oq=mochit+to+pattaya+bus&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyCQgAEEUYORiABDIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMgoIAxAAGIYDGIoFMgoIBBAAGIYDGIoFMgoIBRAAGIYDGIoFMgoIBhAAGIYDGIoFMgoIBxAAGIYDGIoF0gEJODI5MWowajE1qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phobos1911 said:

I would recommend using Bolt instead of a taxi. I paid less for a Bolt from Don Mueang to Ekkamai than a taxi from Mo chit bus station to Don Mueang which is just a few kilometers away. The price is fixed an you can see it before getting into the car.

I am not used to using taxis, the only taxis I have used I have just jumped in after asking the fare of course and that is only on the very odd occasion. I would not know how to use Bolt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I am not used to using taxis, the only taxis I have used I have just jumped in after asking the fare of course and that is only on the very odd occasion. I would not know how to use Bolt.

Hahaha,that could have been me writing that.New technology is a pain isn't it?but jump in.Its not that hard after the first time.Good luck.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Yea, but the driver is still p#ssed from the night before. ????????????

Yeah but they've always got an M-150 laced with yaba to help perk them up for roads ahead. It's just a great shame they never give you a swig once onboard!

On 10/2/2023 at 10:23 AM, NoshowJones said:
On 10/2/2023 at 10:17 AM, phobos1911 said:

I would recommend using Bolt instead of a taxi. I paid less for a Bolt from Don Mueang to Ekkamai than a taxi from Mo chit bus station to Don Mueang which is just a few kilometers away. The price is fixed an you can see it before getting into the car.

Expand  

I am not used to using taxis, the only taxis I have used I have just jumped in after asking the fare of course

"...after asking the fare of course".

Of course?  That is not how to use taxis in Bangkok,  the taxis you need to use have meters.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, NoshowJones said:

what is the cost of a taxi from Bang Sue train station to Mochit.

Thanks.

Around B70-100.  On the meter!   Just open the back door and tell the driver where you're going, don't ask him "How much?", the meter will tell you that when to get to Mo Chit.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...after asking the fare of course".

Of course?  That is not how to use taxis in Bangkok,  the taxis you need to use have meters.

A long time ago I boarded a taxi in Bangkok, the driver put on the meter and we hit a really huge traffic jam, the meter kept going up, I seen what looked like an accident a good bit further up the road, and the taxi stopped completely. I ended up paying the driver what was on the meter and got out.

So ever since then on the very odd time I used a taxi I asked the driver for a quote, rather than use the meter.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Around B70-100.  On the meter!   Just open the back door and tell the driver where you're going, don't ask him "How much?", the meter will tell you that when to get to Mo Chit.

I asked a taxi driver for a quote and he said 200Bt, I told him Mochit bus terminal was just up five mins up the road and I was not a tourist and he was a cheat. I ended up on a tuk tuk and paid 70Bt.

• Haha 1

Time of day impacts on metered rides; my recent return via Suvarnabhumi I'd booked a hotel in Lat Krabang for the night - worst time of day around 5pm it took one hour ten minutes. Next morning back to Suvarnabhumi at 11am, just twelve minutes. Fortunately using the hotel's courtesy van so no fare difference but in a metered cab that 70 minutes would have been pricey.

I've also hit traffic in a cab from Suvarnabhumi to Ekkamai and paid/got out and walked the last km as we were stationary and i had a bus to catch - last one of the day to Chanthaburi.  

11 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

So ever since then on the very odd time I used a taxi I asked the driver for a quote, rather than use the meter

It's your choice to make that mistake because of one exceptional incident.  Can't imagine why, then, you're asking for advice about using taxis when you, clearly, have all the skills necessary to ensure that you always pay the correct fare.   Why did you ask about the cost to go from Bangsue to Mo Chit when no one here knows what you are going to negotiate with the driver who may be ripping you off?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Your last sentence is that stupid I am not going to waste my time commenting on it.

He's spot on. You're just wasting everyone's time now. If you really want to know the price why don't you input the origin and destination into Bolt and see what their app says in order to establish some kind of a baseline?

Please don't use your normal excuse of being computer illiterate, that ship has sailed.

• Love It 1

14 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I asked a taxi driver for a quote and he said 200Bt, I told him Mochit bus terminal was just up five mins up the road and I was not a tourist and he was a cheat. I ended up on a tuk tuk and paid 70Bt.

If going from Bang Sue train station to Mo Chit I would use the number 134 Bus which stops right outside the train station and terminates in Mo Chit bus station (domestic).

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

He's spot on. You're just wasting everyone's time now. If you really want to know the price why don't you input the origin and destination into Bolt and see what their app says in order to establish some kind of a baseline?

Please don't use your normal excuse of being computer illiterate, that ship has sailed.

That last sentence is absolute garbage, yes I may be computer illiterate in certain things but isn't everyone? When that ship sailed you should have been on  it.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

If going from Bang Sue train station to Mo Chit I would use the number 134 Bus which stops right outside the train station and terminates in Mo Chit bus station (domestic).

Thanks. Nice to see someone being helpful for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 10:23 AM, NoshowJones said:

Never too old to learn.

First download the App into your smartphone.

The local BOLT office will respond quickly to get some basic details (name, contact number etc., and debit / credit card number). Can pay the driver by cash or debit / credit card.

Then open the app and type in your destination in simple English (all communication with drivers is automatically translated to Thai before sending to a driver.

Fairly quickly you will get a response (in English) telling you what types of vehicles are available.  Usually:

- a marked taxi, or

- an unmarked good condition car (cars always very clear) or

- and in some locations a motorcycle taxi.

The BOLT system knows your current location because of 24/7 live connection to GPS.

Each vehicle option has a fare/price which is fixed by the algarithm in the BOLT computer. Not negitoable and cannot be chaned by the driver.

Always very reasonable fares. 

Now select a vehicle option. The BOLT system will then automatically look for an available vehicle then advise you (always quick) an approx. arrival time for the BOLT vehicle to arrive at your pick up location. And also the type and color of the vehicle and the 4 numbers on the rego plate, and the drivrs name (all in English).

And your screen will show what payment option you have indicated to pay for this trip.

You can now (if you want) type in more detail to help the driver find you. (e.g Old farang, white hair, shorts, black shopping bag, at main entrance door to Big C.).

When you submit, the BOLT system will do auto translation to Thai and send to driver. Driver can respond in same way, he/she replies in Thai and auto translation to English and it sends to you.  Can use this again during the trip if needed.

Waiting time for vehicle to arrive is case by case. I've waited 5 minutes or up to 10 minutes in peak times.

I've used BOLT maybe 20 times, all worked perfectly, driver never asked for extra money or tip (but I always give a 10 to 20Baht tip).

Driver have a change bag if needed.

My family often use BOLT to take 2 kids to school and pick them up. Driver brings the kids to the front door. Never ever any problem, no silly cheap talk or similar. Always paid automaticlly by son's or his wife's debit card.

All of the above might sound complex but it's actually very straight forward.

Worth a try.

Good luck.

Worth a try.

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Never too old to learn.

First download the App into your smartphone.

The local BOLT office will respond quickly to get some basic details (name, contact number etc., and debit / credit card number). Can pay the driver by cash or debit / credit card.

Then open the app and type in your destination in simple English (all communication with drivers is automatically translated to Thai before sending to a driver.

Fairly quickly you will get a response (in English) telling you what types of vehicles are available.  Usually:

- a marked taxi, or

- an unmarked good condition car (cars always very clear) or

- and in some locations a motorcycle taxi.

The BOLT system knows your current location because of 24/7 live connection to GPS.

Each vehicle option has a fare/price which is fixed by the algarithm in the BOLT computer. Not negitoable and cannot be chaned by the driver.

Always very reasonable fares. 

Now select a vehicle option. The BOLT system will then automatically look for an available vehicle then advise you (always quick) an approx. arrival time for the BOLT vehicle to arrive at your pick up location. And also the type and color of the vehicle and the 4 numbers on the rego plate, and the drivrs name (all in English).

And your screen will show what payment option you have indicated to pay for this trip.

You can now (if you want) type in more detail to help the driver find you. (e.g Old farang, white hair, shorts, black shopping bag, at main entrance door to Big C.).

When you submit, the BOLT system will do auto translation to Thai and send to driver. Driver can respond in same way, he/she replies in Thai and auto translation to English and it sends to you.  Can use this again during the trip if needed.

Waiting time for vehicle to arrive is case by case. I've waited 5 minutes or up to 10 minutes in peak times.

I've used BOLT maybe 20 times, all worked perfectly, driver never asked for extra money or tip (but I always give a 10 to 20Baht tip).

Driver have a change bag if needed.

My family often use BOLT to take 2 kids to school and pick them up. Driver brings the kids to the front door. Never ever any problem, no silly cheap talk or similar. Always paid automaticlly by son's or his wife's debit card.

All of the above might sound complex but it's actually very straight forward.

Worth a try.

Good luck.

Worth a try.

Thanks a lot. I will keep this very helpful  post in my archives for the next time I go to Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...