Place That Will Witness A Signature On A Document?

Fatboi

On 10/3/2023 at 5:25 PM, Fatboi said:

Hiya,

I've got a couple of documents that I need to have my signature witnessed for so i can send them off, is there anywhere (as close to Rawai as possible) that might be able to do that for me?
Thanks ????

Any all all banks have certified notaries. If your own bank they should do it free or small fee. Can provide witnesses also if needed.

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Any all all banks have certified notaries. If your own bank they should do it free or small fee. Can provide witnesses also if needed.

Depends where you live, trying to find bank staff that can understand English is not always easy. They phone their center then you have to use them to translate.

I used a notary/lawyer for a friend and it was 1,000b, (prove of life for a French guy) funny thing was the lawyer could understand and speak English very well, but he couldn't read it, he really had no idea what he was signing and it was all in French. :cheesy:

Edited by brianthainess

On 10/3/2023 at 5:47 PM, JensenZ said:

For example, the only place to have documents notarized to be used in Australia is at the Australian Embassy

Not 100% correct. I was lucky enough to find an Australian JP who witnessed 8 signatures for free and they were accepted by the Australian authority they were sent to. 

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

Not 100% correct. I was lucky enough to find an Australian JP who witnessed 8 signatures for free and they were accepted by the Australian authority they were sent to. 

I wasn't as lucky and had to pay at the Australian Embassy to renew my Austrlian driver's licence. There might be some leeway depending on what authority you're sending documents to... but of course we have no idea where the OP is sending his documents and what the regulations are in that jurisdiction.

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

I wasn't as lucky and had to pay at the Australian Embassy to renew my Austrlian driver's licence. There might be some leeway depending on what authority you're sending documents to... but of course we have no idea where the OP is sending his documents and what the regulations are in that jurisdiction.

The JP used is licensed in Queensland and basically said he could do any Qld documents. He also  said he could do some federal documents. I required 8 signatures for my drivers licence renewal and would have cost me a fortune with the cost of 8 signatures and a return trip to Bangkok from Chiang Mai.

I was very lucky indeed to find this guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just had my Will done in Thailand and Australia, I had many docs that needed witnessing. Most can be done by any adult. "The Living Will " or "Health Directive" was the most drama. But for some the person witnessing has to be "authorized" and you are given a link to those that qualify. It is the usual Doctors, Pharmacists, Lawyers, Nurses etc. I asked a Pharmacist (with great English) but all too much for her, and suggested i try a hospital. Next Siam Legal said 3,000bht to have documents witnessed, set fee but no lawyers there at the time.

But in the end I chose the Elite Visa lawyer K Toto https://phuketlegalfirm.com/ 

after his advice I had a whole new Living Will in Thai/English made and is very professional.

My full  printed official Will in Thailand cost 30,000bht and is sure to be easy for my Thai friend to execute it. The Living Will (do they pull the plug if in coma etc?) 16,000bht.    

IH

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I used a notary/lawyer for a friend and it was 1,000b, (prove of life for a French guy) funny thing was the lawyer could understand and speak English very well, but he couldn't read it, he really had no idea what he was signing and it was all in French. :cheesy:

A witness is for the signature, not what's written in the document.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Depends where you live, trying to find bank staff that can understand English is not always easy. They phone their center then you have to use them to translate.

Google translate on phone.?

Or, use the translate web app to prepare description of what services you need and print it to take to bank.

This is not a hostage situation or rocket surgery.

"I need to have a  document notarized"

ฉันต้องมีเอกสารรับรอง

Done.