Checklist of supporting documents for marriage extension

KhunBENQ

I put this in Thai language although visa related.
For those interested you can (let) translate.

I got this today at Khon Kaen immigration office asking for a checklist regarding one year extension based on marriage with Thai wife.

It's dated 27. September 2023.

Automatic translation of the title is:

"List of supporting documents for applying for extension of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand In the case of requesting support for a Thai wife nationality"

Click on image for full size or download.

marriagextension1.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

Doing mine next week. Latest requirements help to make sure you get all your ducks in a row.

I have just had a stamp with my name made so that I can just stamp all the documents and sign. Last year had arthritis  and could hardly hold a pen so it was a real pain having to print my full name on all the paperwork.

Also , when photocopying all the documents I am getting a big space at the bottom of each copy to make room for immigration big stamp.

This last was suggested by immigration  Normally  I just had the copies centered onto the A4 paper

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I got this today at Khon Kaen immigration office asking for a checklist regarding one year extension based on marriage with Thai wife.

It's dated 27. September 2023.

Attached the English version of the KhonKaen Marriage Extension requirements, as generated by Google translate from the Thai original.

Khon Kaen - Marriage Extension reqs - English version.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just for completeness.

These are the other two sheets I got.

Looks like Thai version of the police order.

The IO had used some color marker which got lost while scanning.

The red squares are the sections where some text had been marked.

marriagextension_2_3.jpg

marriagextension_3_3.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Some of the 17 documents plus "others" in the long list of documents issued by the Khon Khaen immigration office obviously go under the heading "In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto" . Since asking for a video showing the applicant for the extension of stay having vaginal intercourse with his wife would obviously be going a bit too far, the listing of a child in the wife's house registration book (No. 9 in the list) indicating the applicant as the child's father counts as additional evidence of the marriage being de facto.