Any ideas for usage of excess solar energy?

44 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

84694725_SolarProduction2.jpeg.6f433fb6e0e600b614f5863702cf2b17.jpeg

I have an ice making machine which runs during the middle of day. My chest freezer is on a timer that switches off at night. Any other load shifting you can do.

Good idea. How much the temperature in your freezer down just before its power back up?

Pink

Mine crypto with the difference in energy if you otherwise waste it anyway, might be the most simple way to use it. I don't know how much you have. Growing weed is worth it too, even if you would sell it at 50 baht a gram, as of no energy costs.

If you have quite a bit of energy and can afford a Bitcoin antminer for up to 2K dollar, you would actually be able to cash daily 10-20 dollars.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

57 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

84694725_SolarProduction2.jpeg.6f433fb6e0e600b614f5863702cf2b17.jpeg

I have an ice making machine which runs during the middle of day. My chest freezer is on a timer that switches off at night. Any other load shifting you can do.

Do you have a link to the ice make machine?

Pink

4 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

Im researching same now... You have some details to share?

Pink

If you have quite a bit of energy and can afford a Bitcoin antminer for up to 2K dollar, you would actually be able to cash daily 10-20 dollars. Would not start with anything else, just do that, and even sit on the coin you collect as the price isn't that high now.

It's kind of sad in a way, just to have this with solar, can be better than a fulltime job as a Thai.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

7 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you have quite a bit of energy and can afford a Bitcoin antminer for up to 2K dollar, you would actually be able to cash daily 10-20 dollars. Would not start with anything else, just do that, and even sit on the coin you collect as the price isn't that high now.

It's kind of sad in a way, just to have this with solar, can be better than a fulltime job as a Thai.

Ok thats quite good. I see many talks about cents per day per unit on mining now. What you mine? Do you have some links and details to share? Feel free to share here or PM me with any info you have to share.

Pink

4 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

Ok thats quite good. I see many talks about cents per day per unit on mining now. What you mine? Do you have some links and details to share? Feel free to share here or PM me with any info you have to share.

Pink

If you want to make money, you have to do your own research. I already gave you the essential clues: ant miner up to 2K usd, bitcoin, no energy cost. The reason so few people make money, or make money with this, is because almost nobody is willing to invest some time into doing the research that is relevant to their specific situation, let alone to then also act on it.

You can do it clearly, so do it, you will be happy in just 6-12 months already (will break even the cost). A few cents is when you mess around with a graphic card driver and also have to pay the average western rate of energy. Not comparable.

If you assume it's break even in 8 months, and it lasts 12 months, you make 4 months money with 200-300 dollar per month, not sure your hourly rate, but sure that can deserve some time to invest into the matter to know. And it can easily run a few years.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you want to make money, you have to do your own research. I already gave you the essential clues: ant miner up to 2K usd, bitcoin, no energy cost. The reason so few people make money, or make money with this, is because almost nobody is willing to invest some time into doing the research that is relevant to their specific situation, let alone to then also act on it.

You can do it clearly, so do it, you will be happy in just 6-12 months already (will break even the cost). A few cents is when you mess around with a graphic card driver and also have to pay the average western rate of energy. Not comparable.

If you assume it's break even in 8 months, and it lasts 12 months, you make 4 months money with 200-300 dollar per month, not sure your hourly rate, but sure that can deserve some time to invest into the matter to know. And it can easily run a few years.

Thanks for the info, yes  im on it researching.

Pink

2 hours ago, Pink7 said:

Good idea. How much the temperature in your freezer down just before its power back up?

Pink

It is a check freezer  - so it’s a big size. I packed  the bottom with large boxes of water, which froze solid after that I setup the timer. The ice boxes act as a cold sink to hold the temperature during the night.  An upright freezer the cold air falls out when you open the door. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1