NON O Extension Retirement - Medical Certificate

I need to do the Non O extension based on Retirement at Samui Immigration.
I was told that part of the document requirement is a medical certificate.

Can I still go to my usual doctor for this certificate (quite basic) or do I need to go to a hospital and get a more comprehensive/expensive certificate (blood test,chest x-ray) ?

• Like 1

Have been here for 18 years and have not been required to provide a medical certificate when obtaining a repeat extension based on retirement, I did have to provide one when I was moved from marriage to retirement, and when on Non-B.

Maybe it's a Samui only requirement, I've never dealt with them.

On 10/7/2023 at 6:51 AM, beatlebones said:

I need to do the Non O extension based on Retirement at Samui Immigration.
I was told that part of the document requirement is a medical certificate.

Can I still go to my usual doctor for this certificate (quite basic) or do I need to go to a hospital and get a more comprehensive/expensive certificate (blood test,chest x-ray) ?

You can have the medical certificate issued at Thai International Hospital for 300 baht; if I remember correct, it has to be from a hospital. Remember to tell it's for "retirement extension". No blood test required. You just walk in without an appointment and it's all done in about 15 minutes.

You can read more about this and other required documents in the pinned thread about Samui Immigration...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:39 AM, gearbox said:

Thai international hospital, 250 baht, takes less than 30 min. Tell them medical certificate for retirement visa, they've done many.

Price has increased to 300 baht (at least last Monday)...????

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 7:11 AM, foreverlomsak said:

Have been here for 18 years and have not been required to provide a medical certificate when obtaining a repeat extension based on retirement, I did have to provide one when I was moved from marriage to retirement, and when on Non-B.

Maybe it's a Samui only requirement, I've never dealt with them.

It doesn't help telling what been done, if you are not a Samui resident and doing extensions of stay here. Samui Immigration rules matters, and you won't get extension of stay without following their rules, no matter what you and others think about the rules. There are little different regulations in different provinces' immigration departments.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, norbra said:

Please provide OP with a copy of relevant certificate that Samui imm require.

He can as already informer, get that from for example Thai International Hospital or Bandon Hospital...:thumbsup:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1