New Toyota Yaris Cross question?

SBACM

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Punctuation and caps check ... before criticizing my simple typo, but hey, if that's all you got.

Go with it.

And the MG owners, inclusive, on here have pointed out things we don't care for, you just choose to ignore it.

What ever works for your spin.   OP asked for opinions, mine given.  It's a forum, as someone pointed out, personal tastes differ.

One thing we/EV owners do agree on, once driving and owner, few to none would buy another ICEV of the same class of vehicle.  Especially since they are all about the same price.

The op was asking advice about a Toyota Yaris Cross which isn't an EV

Funny isn't EV are so brilliant they need a subisdy to persude people to buy them

Most of your motoring posts you either trying to ram down MG or MG EV vehicles

Clearly you haven't been  in a Yaris Cross so your  opinion doesn't really mean much as far as the Yaris Cross is concerned

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

???????? Gee, I'm only 172 cm (aka 5' 7-3/4"), 231 lbs and just 70 years old, but I've thought the same since I was 55 and only 192 lbs.  Any vehicle that I would own needs to be at least 7.8" off the ground. The Yaris Cross is only 6.7" (170mm). That makes a big difference on the knee strain.

The Yaris Cross has 210mm ground clearance 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, newnative said:

Off topic, I know but does anybody know when the new BYD Seal suv will arrive in Thailand?  I know the sedan model is being introduced here now.  Gorgeous styling, from the videos my partner and I have seen.  We like the Atto 3 but want something a little bigger.  Thanks!

Byd facebook groups indicate it will be at the Motor show in December this year or March 2024 

20 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The op was asking advice about a Toyota Yaris Cross which isn't an EV

Funny isn't EV are so brilliant they need a subisdy to persude people to buy them

Most of your motoring posts you either trying to ram down MG or MG EV vehicles

Clearly you haven't been  in a Yaris Cross so your  opinion doesn't really mean much as far as the Yaris Cross is concerned

I've owned 2 Vios s, and the Yaris is built on the same platform.

From Wiki:  "The third-generation Vios was released in 2013, which shares the platform with the XP150 series Yaris hatchback. It is marketed in regions outside Southeast Asia, China and Taiwan as the Yaris sedan. Through a major refresh in 2017, the Vios shares the same styling as the refreshed XP150 series Yaris hatchback.

The heavily facelifted model also gained more global presence by local production in Brazil, India and Pakistan as the Yaris sedan. A separate, less major refresh was introduced for the Chinese market Vios in 2016 alongside a hatchback model marketed as the Toyota Vios FS.

In Thailand, the 2017 facelifted model was marketed as the Toyota Yaris Ativ, which shares the smaller 1.2-litre engine with the Yaris hatchback. The 1.5-litre Vios continued to be sold alongside the Yaris Ativ until 2022,[3] using the Chinese market facelift styling.

The fourth-generation model was released in 2022 in Thailand as the Yaris Ativ. It was designed and engineered by Daihatsu using its DNGA platform."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Vios

Toyota Vios
280px-TOYOTA_VIOS_XP150_China_%287%29_%28cropped%29.jpg
Toyota Vios sedan (XP150, China)
Overview
Manufacturer Toyota
Also called

VIOS / YARIS                                           YARIS CROSS

image.png.9c031254a3a278fa6270f93684413b34.png

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Yaris_Cross

image.png.5882bc0b9ef8214b79039b05b0d93fdd.png

Edited by KhunLA

4 hours ago, In the jungle said:

The only way that is worth 900K is if they throw in the chick with the twin air bags.

No... do not buy with the free chick option as that option would just cause very high maintenance costs.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Irish star said:

Road noise is outrageous, why so many China Supporters on here mostly English Blokes fanboys 

Funny that, I'm English and although the MG looks great and is cheapish, there's a catch. It's Chinese and from what I've heard and read, has a bad after-sales reputation. Give me Toyota every time. Like the look of the new Yaris.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, sawasdeeman said:

Does anybody know about people having issues with the battery?

I have a colleague who wanted to buy this car as he will retire soon and he was concerned about that.

Cheers.

I would suggest that it has only been released for 3 months in Thailand and any faults would not be determined as yet, but it does have a warranty.

Maximum confidence with a 10-year battery warranty | (toyota.co.th)

TOYOTA THONBURI : Toyota Thonburi