Where to get rabies and tetanus shots in Cha am (or Hua Hin)

Kayahammer

Just got bitten by a stray cat. I'll be down at my condo in Cha am for the third shot of rabies, so does anyone know of anywhere in Cha am I can get that rabies shot (preferably inexpensive)?

Or failing that, Hua Hin?

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

My brother got bit by a dog on Cha-am beach and I took him to Cha-Am government hospital for the rabies shots, a taxi/tuk tuk will take you there for around 100 baht as it's a bit out of the way. The price was cheap.

Indeed, the nearest gov hospital will  have plenty of experience in this matter, and lowest prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kayahammer said:

Or failing that, Hua Hin?

I had a rabies shot done at Bangkok hospital Hau Hin when I was passing thru a few months ago...about 2k, not much different from the price I got charged in Korat at the Catholic hospital there

• Thanks 1

As posted above, your nearest government public hospital should be able to help.

I had my 10-yearly tetanus booster at Hua Hin Hospital a few years ago, fast efficient and not expensive.

I did not need any rabies shots, but I know the hospital had the vaccine at the time, as well as some snake anti-venmons.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kayahammer said:

Thank you for all the helpful replies.

I'll opt for the government hospital I think.           

Many doctors moonlight or have private clinics in the evening. Some doctors even work full time at their clinics. So there are "high street" clinics in all towns. They will provide rabies shots and don't have the overheads that hospitals have. 

The rub is that you have to wander, ride, drive around and find out where they are, Or type "clinic" into google maps. That usually comes up with "clinic near me"

Cost for rabies shot is around 500B

• Thanks 1

If you have had rabies shots in the past and get bitten again, you only need 2 rabies shots.

From CDC: "If exposed to rabies, previously vaccinated persons should receive two IM doses (1.0 mL each) of vaccine, one immediately and one three days later. "

• Thanks 1