work permit renew

hi I remember years ago that after you did a 90 day border bounce.  Your work permit had to be sent back to Labour ministry to be stamped to match your latest date stamp in passport. it was then changed that this didnt happen and work permit valid for a year no need to restamp every 90 days. is this still the case 

• Confused 1

im not sure what you mean by 90 days stamping work permit. there is no such thing (dont know if its a must for some nationals). But this is the procedure for bangkok:

-get your non-b visa 

-get your work permit from labor office

-extend your non-b for a year at immigration

for the next year if same work:

-extend your work permit at labor office for the next year

-extend your visa for another year

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 4:27 PM, BritTim said:

I assume you are using a multiple entry visa (Non B or Non O). Your work permit is unaffected by your border bounce.

Or, if you have a proper re-entry permit (either obtained with your extension, or obtained prior to travel), then no problems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/12/2023 at 4:27 PM, BritTim said:

I assume you are using a multiple entry visa (Non B or Non O). Your work permit is unaffected by your border bounce.

thank you as I got caught out by the 90 day stamp on work permit 20 years ago caused major proplems . they change it about 15 years ago that your work permit ( using multiple entry visa) was valid for 1 year no 90 ďay stamp required for your work permit. I had to cancel old work permit 6 years ago due to nasty rta. This is my 1st work permit since so just wanted to for my I's and cross my t's  . thank you