Condo Juristic company in bed with Developer

Over the many years I've bought a dozen condos here in Thailand.

My most recent condo purchase, I bought of the plan, the development has been occupied for a couple of years now. The developer appointed a Juristic management company, the developer has many projects, they appoint the same Juristic company to all of their new projects.

We have 4 committee members, 2 of which are employees (including chairperson) of the developer, this is a huge problem for co-owners.

Over the many years I've learnt that you should never allow the Juristic company to be in bed with the developer, it's a horrible outcome for the co-owners. Most of the Condo owners are living abroad, they are renting out their condos, I've only met a few co-owners. 

The developer has offered a rental guarantee to a quarter (200 condos) of the development, Airbnb is rife, all the Juristic decisions made are in favor of the developer and these Airbnb landlords. 

The Juristic manager recently had signs erected, saying it's not a hotel and daily rental is illegal but these Airbnb people walk past the entrance security, past the Juristic office, onto common areas unhindered, it's a joke, anyone can freely roam around common areas without any security checks.  

Any suggestions out there?

Committee meetings every two months and collect all frauds with proof, especially tender processes, also appoint lawyer for co-owner meetings etc.

Be a committtee member or place a person. Get all Email adresses from co owners etc.

We sue our developer after 10y of fraud.

Things need time:). 

Edited by Tom H
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buying off plan is most often a schoolboy error, best avoided

I've bought 10 condos of the plan never had any issues.

BTW, I mentioned that I bought of the plan in my initial posting, do you always make comments without reading people's posts?

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Cricky said:

BTW, I mentioned that I bought of the plan in my initial posting, do you always make comments without reading people's posts?

You've been lucky, most experienced people realise it's a big risk in most cases, you probably don't know why

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You've been lucky, most experienced people realise it's a big risk in most cases, you probably don't know why

The issue is not about buying off the plan or not, it's no big deal, I could sell the condo tomorrow and double my money, I don't want to sell, it's a very nice development but it's not managed correctly, I think it may be illegal what they are doing.

Rent below 30 days in a residence without hotel license is illegal. You could get both owners and juristic office in hot water if you keep reporting, or get someone else to, report the illegal rentals to the police.

Police wants money. Here's easy picking for them.

Seems to have worked with condo at the end of Ekkamai with a cimple name, after word got out of police handcuffing and taking tourists away on daily basis...

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Rent below 30 days in a residence without hotel license is illegal. You could get both owners and juristic office in hot water if you keep reporting, or get someone else to, report the illegal rentals to the police.

Police wants money. Here's easy picking for them.

Seems to have worked with condo at the end of Ekkamai with a cimple name, after word got out of police handcuffing and taking tourists away on daily basis...

Why handcuffing tourist? they are doing nothing illegal it's the owner/landlord, 

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Why handcuffing tourist? they are doing nothing illegal it's the owner/landlord, 

In our condo they arrested them for trespassing after reports of other co-owners annoyed with mannerless foreigners.  0 AirBnB posts since then.

Edited by tomazbodner

7 hours ago, Cricky said:

Over the many years I've bought a dozen condos here in Thailand.

My most recent condo purchase, I bought of the plan, the development has been occupied for a couple of years now. The developer appointed a Juristic management company, the developer has many projects, they appoint the same Juristic company to all of their new projects.

We have 4 committee members, 2 of which are employees (including chairperson) of the developer, this is a huge problem for co-owners.

Over the many years I've learnt that you should never allow the Juristic company to be in bed with the developer, it's a horrible outcome for the co-owners. Most of the Condo owners are living abroad, they are renting out their condos, I've only met a few co-owners. 

The developer has offered a rental guarantee to a quarter (200 condos) of the development, Airbnb is rife, all the Juristic decisions made are in favor of the developer and these Airbnb landlords. 

The Juristic manager recently had signs erected, saying it's not a hotel and daily rental is illegal but these Airbnb people walk past the entrance security, past the Juristic office, onto common areas unhindered, it's a joke, anyone can freely roam around common areas without any security checks.  

Any suggestions out there?

Sell. Sell as many foreigners are trying now in Thailand.

Not to mention how the condo developpments can  cheat their farang owners or those  having bought a house on land lease purchases in gated developpments.

In a house developpement they will charge you far more then the market price for basic issues like cleaning or gardening or even the electricity. Not to mention that often the work is badly done and the developpers often refuse to admit their flaws (electricity, paint work or plumbing). Not to mention the exorbitant monthly common fees invoiced by the managment,  that are not justified in many beach towns like Hua Hin or Phuket.

They also have no respect for other people's property when the owners are out of the country and do not properly check and watch when any maintenance work done.

Guilable europeans and  foreigners pay and do not bother on elementary research to mandate reliable services (gardener, cleaner etc)  that are independant from the housing community managment.

Edited by Middle Aged Grouch

15 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

In a house developpement they will charge you far more then the market price for basic issues like cleaning or gardening or even the electricity. Not to mention that often the work is badly done and the developpers often refuse to admit their flaws (electricity, paint work or plumbing). Not to mention the exorbitant monthly common fees invoiced by the managment,  that are not justified in many beach towns like Hua Hin or Phuket.

If they're paying over the market price for services in a moo-ban they're either too rich to care or just gullible, apart from convenience there should be nothing stopping them from getting their own contractor/maintenance guy to come do their garden when they're away

water and electric should be from the utilities unless it's the developments' bore water in some backcountry place that can't get municipal water 

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2023 at 11:59 AM, Tom H said:

Committee meetings every two months and collect all frauds with proof, especially tender processes, also appoint lawyer for co-owner meetings etc.

Be a committtee member or place a person. Get all Email adresses from co owners etc.

We sue our developer after 10y of fraud.

Things need time:). 

Can i chat to you about a similar issue I have with the Juristic?

On 10/13/2023 at 2:12 PM, Cricky said:

Waiting for  the usual poster who keys in   'never buy a house or condo " in Thailand and ' always rent a car '

to arrive !