Credit card not working when paying for visa

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

I had the same problem trying to use a card to pay for my UK passport renewal. Bangkok Bank swore blind that there was no record of any attempted transaction. The charge was denied four times, once when I was actually on the phone with the HMPO (His Majesty's Passport Office). In the end, as transferring the money directly to the British Home Office account from my Thai bank account proved almost impossible (they would only transfer money to personal accounts) I had my brother pay HMPO and transferred money to him to cover it. Very irritating.

The really irritating thing here IMHO is HMPO's abject refusal, for reasons best known only unto themselves, to permit VFS to offer a local payment service in THB, in exactly the same way as they are allowed to by HMPO's colleagues in UKVI in the case of UK visa applications. I'm sure that you would have had no difficulty with using your Bangkok Bank card to pay for your new passport had a local payment service been available!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Another potential issue is VPN. Try switching off or changing the country. setting to your registered address.

That my thoughts,  I'm confused he noted in the U.S. paying for a visa which means what and where? Is he trying to pay for a Visa like a Thai Embassy in U. S.?

I guess  if transaction is being finalized to a bank in Thailand I would use a VPN and select somewhere in Thailand. 

I usually have a problem from Thailand When I book a flight to the States for example using Eva, once I left VPN on in States couldn't pay then I turn it off it went through.