Is anyone from the US having trouble with their Wise accounts transferring out of the US

A friend transferred money on the 12th and received notificaton it had been received but  it has not been transferred as of today to my thai account, she has now received a message from Wise saying they havent received her money as yet but her bank has confirmed they did sent it to them on the 12th. Is anyone aware of any problems in the US with Wise and their transfers, she also had to supply Wise with her social security number, drivers licence, a couple of deposits in her account etc before they would do it even though she have used Wise previously, any help will be appreciated as she is worried she has losy her money.

Nope no problems for me.

Seems she ain't actually got money in the account she's withdrawing from, but maybe another account.

I had to do same dance a while back when Wise couldn't recognize one of my accounts on a test before withdrawing money.

On the other hand, she could be telling porkies.

I never get same day confirmation from my bank on a Wise transaction.  The "her bank her bank has confirmed they did sent"

Very sus.

If Wise says they didn't get the money, they didn't get the money.

Maybe time you start worry you losy your money.

Has "the checks in the mail" become "Wise lost your money"

Edited by ignore it

2 hours ago, ignore it said:

Nope no problems for me.

Seems she ain't actually got money in the account she's withdrawing from, but maybe another account.

I had to do same dance a while back when Wise couldn't recognize one of my accounts on a test before withdrawing money.

On the other hand, she could be telling porkies.

I never get same day confirmation from my bank on a Wise transaction.  The "her bank her bank has confirmed they did sent"

Very sus.

If Wise says they didn't get the money, they didn't get the money.

Maybe time you start worry you losy your money.

Has "the checks in the mail" become "Wise lost your money"

best to ignore   ignore it    Wise changed their requirements about a month ago maybe that is the holdup?

• Thanks 1

Maybe have a look at what is going on with Wise for US citizens. I know a few that are affected. How would a US citizen be expected to provide an ID from a non-US country is beyond me

"Please choose the non-US country that issued the ID you have on hand"
and a drop down with a list of countries (the US is not an option).

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Maybe have a look at what is going on with Wise for US citizens. I know a few that are affected. How would a US citizen be expected to provide an ID from a non-US country is beyond me

"Please choose the non-US country that issued the ID you have on hand"
and a drop down with a list of countries (the US is not an option).

?.??? Who would fall for this?

On 10/17/2023 at 10:35 AM, seajae said:

she also had to supply Wise with her social security number, drivers licence, a couple of deposits in her account etc before they would do it even though she have used Wise previously,

I used wise about 7 and 10 days ago, no problem.

Was it a large amount ?  

I just tried had plenty of problems to a point I accidently push off my desk after an hour trying in doing so my laptop fell off the desk screen cracked.🥵

Prior I logged on as usually all of a sudden I got a picture for example asking me to click boxes that the bus appears response wrong so new picture finally in proceed to send money to one of my account thereafter ask to verify my ID, on my computer I select my Passport Put up on screen click respond keep saying not clear again and again. Then ask to do on phone when time to take photo nothing happens just black screen.

Frustration sets in I push away from desk computer falls on floor screen broken.

Cant be fixed 19 inch laptop purchase in States.

How much security do they need majority of time a code has to be sent to my phone to log on shouldnt thst be enough!

14 hours ago, BenStark said:

You think it's a scam when t happens in the official Wise app and website as soon as they want to make a transfer?

image.png.fff66b9b7a51004cc17d6aabca55e02d.png

I replied after looking at the photo posted which showed a non-wise email address.

59 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I replied after looking at the photo posted which showed a non-wise email address.

Not sure what you're about mate, because there is no email address, or even mention an email address, in any of my posts, pictures or links

OK here is an update, Wise finally sent the money, apparently it was some sort of mix up between their banks in the US, she also had a problem of someone trying to hack into her account when she queried the problem  online. Wise stepped in and fixed it all for her so that her account was safe and secure, she was very happy with the way Wise ended helping her plus the money was sent.

35 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Not sure what you're about mate, because there is no email address, or even mention an email address, in any of my posts, pictures or links

Sorry, Ben. Could have been someone posting as a reply that showed a non-wise email address to which I responded. Not worth our time or effort to readdress. I have used Wise for over 12 years for my monthly transfers from the USA.

I had problems with two transfers from US. Both said they would arrive in seconds but after confirming the transfer the time for money to arrive changed to 15 hours. This continued for 5 days with Wise message continually expiring and reappearing with a new time/date. I called Wise and was told it was a hold up with Thai bank. I'm SURE this was baloney because no other evidence was showing and in fact Wise had sent a message at one point saying there was a slow down processing something or other. I was given a date two days later which was yesterday and it did finally come through. However, I am still waiting for another transfer which I did a day later. That is, last Friday. So a week has now passed and still it hasn't arrived. Usually, it takes mere seconds. To the point, I did another transfer today as I am in need of money and that one arrived in seconds. This slow processing did cause me problems as I had some bills to pay and they lapsed into overdue because the Wise money didn't arrive in its normal timely manner. Point being, one can usually, but not always, count on Wise to be quick. Plan ahead.