Nissan Navara -diesel Of Petrol?

Clipped

warranties aside....would you get a diesel or petrol engine...with the fact that after the warranty is expired you would convert to CNG?

Diesel doesnt seem to be any cheaper than petrol (benzene) nowadays...also do to the lower BTU of CNG/LPG i would like to get a large engine, (4.0liter) so when i convert to CNG the power loss will be minimal....as far as i know, diesel conversions to CNG are not perfected yet...hence the decision to choose a petrol engine.

The one thing that concerns me is that the petrol powered Navara has two fuel mappings, low speed/high speed...any techs out there that can give an idea of how this will affect the conversion? and what can be done to compensate?

more than likely i wont convert until after the warranty is close to expired....but who knows.

thanks

Edited by Clipped

You can find a 4 liter petrol engine on a Thai pick-up? :o

Anyway, if you're prepared to do a conversion then I would go for petrol if possible. It does mean driving around with a tank in the pickup bed, the weight of which would likely negated the weight saving from not having a diesel engine.

Still, it all hinges on LPG costing just 10-12 baht a liter, vs at least double that for diesel. That's easy math any day.

warranties aside....would you get a diesel or petrol engine...with the fact that after the warranty is expired you would convert to CNG?

Diesel doesnt seem to be any cheaper than petrol (benzene) nowadays...also do to the lower BTU of CNG/LPG i would like to get a large engine, (4.0liter) so when i convert to CNG the power loss will be minimal....as far as i know, diesel conversions to CNG are not perfected yet...hence the decision to choose a petrol engine.

The one thing that concerns me is that the petrol powered Navara has two fuel mappings, low speed/high speed...any techs out there that can give an idea of how this will affect the conversion? and what can be done to compensate?

more than likely i wont convert until after the warranty is close to expired....but who knows.

thanks

Petrol Powered Navara - since when?? Certainly not in Thailand

more than likely it will have a dual system petrol/cng ...theres a cng place around the corner from me :o

but i feel ya on the cng vs lpg...but for me the savings on lpg wouldnt be enough to justify the conversion...

let me call a nissan place and see if the navara in thailand can come with a petrol engine, one moment please...

ummm sorry guys, just called and checked....no petrol version available in thaland...but here are the prices.

4x2 basic /stick 525,000 baht

4x2 top / stick 629,000 baht

4x2 top/auto 669,000 baht

darkgrey is only available in 4x4..this sucks because this is the color i wanted to get...only beige interiors available for all models, this sucks too.

250,000 downpayment no co-signer needed, 4/5/6 year payment terms

lump payment during payment contract gets you some type of discount, but not sure what kind the sales person was referring too.

Hi Clipped,

Mines a manual 4 door 4x4, bought in March and I'm very pleased with it. My only other experience with pick ups was the 3 litre king cab Frontier which I was happy with but decided I needed a double cab. For me the Navara is a lot better in all depts. Much, much faster and a lot quieter. I don't bother too much about fuel consumption but I think I'm probably using less diesel in it. The only drawback I've found is parking the thing - much bigger than the old one.

I've heard a few negative comments but having looked at the opposition they all appear to be much of a muchness. I think my main reason for buying the Navara is because it's not a Vigo. :o Although Navaras certainly seem to be selling very well at the moment, a farang neighbour had to wait 3 months for an auto 2x4 double cab.

I apologise for not be able to do a Clarkson for you and provide a proper review My truck's probably not going to get much use, the last one didn't. I'm much happier on two wheels. :D

Just traded in my trusty old Frontier 2.7, nothing wrong with it, just fancied a new one.

Bought the 4 x 2 king cab LE Navara (the utitility doors are useful) for 619,000 baht. Put down 300k and the rest is owned by Siam Bank.

I do not mind the beige interior and the leather seats and air con are all good. Keep forgetting sometimes that it has the sixth gear!!.

Yep its a big car now, all dimensions bigger than previous Nissan so just have to be a bit careful when going down those narrow Soi's.

Being a diesel it will probably take a few thousand KM's to loosen up, still noisy in the lower gears from start off, but once cruising it quietens down considerably.

A few squeaks from underneath the chassis when going down some bumpy country roads at slow speeds, will have to investigate that!!

Anyone noticed it is actually named the Frontier Navara!

Liked that comment about Vigo's from a previous reply, all my ex pat buddies have Vigo's & Highlanders, most are ex white collar folk! and know zero about cars, but because they all cost more they must be superior vehicles--- tosh!

thanks for the reviews! i dont want to be a sheep either...to me the toyotas look like swollen tadpoles....

i just wish i could get the dark grey color in 4x2... :o

phutoei2 if you don't mind , could you tell me how much your monthly payments are for that amount down, and the interest rate/length? would appreciate it.