Reckless Driver Causes Blackout; Flees Scene Leaving Injured Friend Behind

webfact

This is the behavior of a half man. An undeveloped mind, a lost soul. Absolutely nothing there. He seems to have never been taught any values, and possesses no sense of ethics, like a wild forest animal. 

Where were his parents when he was growing up, and why did they fail so miserably? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is the behavior of a half man. An undeveloped mind, a lost soul. Absolutely nothing there. He seems to have never been taught any values, and possesses no sense of ethics, like a wild forest animal. 

Where were his parents when he was growing up, and why did they fail so miserably? 

Many have children as a future insurance policy to take care of them when they get old, in place of a government system (pension of 600 baht a month. Wow!). They don't have any interest in raising them and quite often dump them on elderly grandparents who can barely take care of themselves, let alone a kid. Many are certainly not parents in the Western sense.

We have a 13 year old nephew living with us while his mother lives most of the year in Hungary. It's the culture. And I wasn't even asked about him living with us. I was just told it was happening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Many have children as a future insurance policy to take care of them when they get old, in place of a government system (pension of 600 baht a month. Wow!). They don't have any interest in raising them and quite often dump them on elderly grandparents who can barely take care of themselves, let alone a kid. Many are certainly not parents in the Western sense.

We have a 13 year old nephew living with us while his mother lives most of the year in Hungary. It's the culture. And I wasn't even asked about him living with us. I was just told it was happening.

Certainly in Isaan I would say the majority of the kids are 'raised' by grandparents whilst their mothers are working elsewhere and sending money back.......heaven only knows where the fathers are?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No Mike. A smart bloke.

Trick is when in situations like this is to run off, sober up and then present yourself to the police next morning after getting a doctors certificate saying you were in "shock"

That way the mongrel coppers can not pin a DUI charge on you. And the insurance pays out.

If i was the injured mate i would have told him to run off to. 

Real men and real mates look after each other like that. They didnt panic, and played it smart.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So situation normal then.

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Certainly in Isaan I would say the majority of the kids are 'raised' by grandparents whilst their mothers are working elsewhere and sending money back.......heaven only knows where the fathers are?

My wifes nephew is 24 ( i think ), 2 kids by 2 different woman, with none of them.

No living somewhere else with another woman, no doubt spreading more of his worthless seed.

From what i've seen this it totally normal in rural Thailand, there's seldom you fine one normal family.

10 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

My wifes nephew is 24 ( i think ), 2 kids by 2 different woman, with none of them.

No living somewhere else with another woman, no doubt spreading more of his worthless seed.

From what i've seen this it totally normal in rural Thailand, there's seldom you fine one normal family.

Sadly yes......and one of the reasons I've seen put forward as to why attractive young Thai women are 'happy' to be in a relationship with older, financially/emotionally stable farangs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

In the sister-in-law's case, she's had three kids. Maybe a fourth when she was working in Japan as a 'waitress' before being deported for overstaying her visa. He made a couple of visits to Thailand and was a nice chap - I've never met a Japanese who wasn't a nice person - and bought her a house in Bangkok, and a car. She got rid of him though. Her second (or first) sperm donator was Chinese and worked as a tour guide. She married him for awhile but they split after having a daughter who went to live with him.

Her third (or second) sperm donator was a one-night stand with someone she met on-line. That son is now at uni and living between terms at his mother's empty house. The fourth (or third) sperm donator was her second husband, a Australian-based Brit. She lived with him in Oz for a while, before divorcing and he has since died. Their kid lives with us.

She now has husband number three and they are too old now for her to have another kid to dump. He's Dutch and was going to live with her in the village. But he decided he'd had enough of dealing with the immigration nonsense here so he and she live mostly in Hungary now, where he bought a cheap house. They were both given a five year visa straight off, and he doesn't have to annually ask for permission to live with his wife and report to the immigration police every 90 days as if he is a criminal on probation. She's happy enough to not live in her messed-up country, and not have the burden of caring for her own kids.

• Sad 2

Surprised it made the news, it is a regular occurrence out here every week, some drunken moron takes out a power pole on a bend, normally about midnight. Have to give the power guys a high five though, it now only takes them a couple of hours and power is back on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Have to give the power guys a high five though, it now only takes them a couple of hours and power is back on.

Plenty of experience. Including restoring power when a transformer blows up. And at any time in any weather. High fives to them indeed.

3 hours ago, Goat said:

No Mike. A smart bloke.

Trick is when in situations like this is to run off, sober up and then present yourself to the police next morning after getting a doctors certificate saying you were in "shock"

That way the mongrel coppers can not pin a DUI charge on you. And the insurance pays out.

Real men and real mates look after each other like that. They didnt panic, and played it smart.

Bullshod.

A real mate would have taken the car keys and not let him drive. Maybe paid for a taxi too.

9 hours ago, Goat said:

No Mike. A smart bloke.

True, if it was as you say. But, you are assuming an awful lot of common sense and reason, under pressure. 

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I am one of the truly fortunate ones. I decided to not have kids. Likely the best decision I ever made. However, one of the reasons for that decision was the idea that if you are going to do it, do it well. The whole parenting concept here is impossible to wrap ones mind around. 

You are a good man. I would have offered an emphatic "non way on earth"! Find someplace else for the runt. 

Edited by spidermike007

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Prime example of workers in Thailand and why construction takes forever !

Used to see that in Abu Dhabi, four people stood looking into a hole with a single Baluchistani in there digging. 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am one of the truly fortunate ones. I decided to not have kids. Likely the best decision I ever made.

Me too. Especially as my talents - okay, talent - does not extend to learning another language. I am jealous of those who can. And so, living with a son or daughter I can't communicate with? As now with the nephew. He's been learning English for eight years and still can't put a sentence together, but still had his turn one month as best in his class at English. I guess, like me, his talents lay elsewhere. Actually, he's very good at drawing cartoon characters and I've suggested that should be encouraged. Falls on deaf ears, of course.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

However, one of the reasons for that decision was the idea that if you are going to do it, do it well.

I was wise enough to know that I don't have the patience to be a parent. I learned from my father how not to be a father and would have avoided his mistakes, but I know it wouldn't be for me. I can interact with a kid for only a very limited amount of time. Some would say it would be different if it was my own kid, but I don't think so.

• Thumbs Up 1