Mukdahan-Savannakhet border crossing / Re-entry Permit available?

As of a few years ago (and I think still) there was no re-entry permit desk at the bridge at Mukdahan. The immigration office in Mukdahan will probably give you one during their normal working hours, but arranging one in advance at your local office would provide certainty.

• Thumbs Up 1

It isn't for me. A bunch of my staff are going to a wedding of another staff member in Savannakhet. One of them is from Myanmar and therefore requires the re-entry. His extension of stay isn't processed at Chaeng Wattana and he doesn't know where he can get a re-entry permit in Bangkok.

Does anyone have experience on where Myanmar nationals can get a re-entry permit issued in Bangkok?

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

His extension of stay isn't processed at Chaeng Wattana and he doesn't know where he can get a re-entry permit in Bangkok.

If he's followed the law, he should have filed a TM30 concerning his place of residence in Bangkok.
It then follows, he can therefore obtain a re-entry permit from CW.

8 hours ago, thedemon said:

Does anyone have experience on where Myanmar nationals can get a re-entry permit issued in Bangkok?

Easiest may be Imperial World Ladprao: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/re-entry-permit/

For migrant workers of 4 nationalities : Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam who live and work in Bangkok.

Filed at the Immigration office located at
1) Imperial World Ladprao
2) Big C Rat Burana
3) Big C Don Mueang (Saphanmai)

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2023 at 3:55 PM, thecaveman said:

I remember I got one at the office in front of the bridge on a Sunday, when the regular Immigration office was closed. But that was about 10 years ago. Don't know if they are still doing it.

They are. The immigration office is right next to the bridge too. That's where you do it.

22 hours ago, Highlandman said:

The immigration office is right next to the bridge too. That's where you do it.

No, it was not at the regular immigration office next to the bridge (that one was closed because it was on a Sunday) but in an immigration office in front of the bridge close to the border checkpoint.

I know the regular immigration office which is located on the right side outside the fenced border area, because I go there every 90 days for almost to decades. 

On 10/24/2023 at 12:42 PM, thecaveman said:

No, it was not at the regular immigration office next to the bridge (that one was closed because it was on a Sunday) but in an immigration office in front of the bridge close to the border checkpoint.

I know the regular immigration office which is located on the right side outside the fenced border area, because I go there every 90 days for almost to decades. 

They're both next to each other so why make it sound more complicated than it is.