10 farmers die from 'fungal' outbreak, 236 arrested in drug raid : Tim Newton Today - Oct 23

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand News - Meeting in Saudi Arabia asks for help with the release of Thai hostages in Gaza, Israel/Hamas protests come to Bangkok, 10 Thai farmers die from a fungal disease outbreak in north-east and south. 

236 party-goers tested and arrested in Pathum Thani pub raid, survey on proposed 4am closing times for Thai nightlife, a new high speed rail for Indonesia, and a new airport for Cambodia's Siem Reap - gateway to Angkor Wat.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

HSR in Thailand seems to be stymied with negotiations between the governments of China and Thailand.  There is some speculation on why this is so.  I heard that the Chinese wanted to have entrepreneur rights along the railroad lines.  Also, who pays the construction costs seems hazy.  Design and construction by whom is moot too.

Terry

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )

Tim I did the bus ride to Ayuttaya to see the ruins, and a boat ride back to Basngkok. It was my 

interesting tour during my first visit to Thailand. No plans to go see some other ruins, as I have seen all the

temples and museums in Thailand I want to see. The marble temple in northern Thailand is one place

I would like to see again.