Intl. Credit Card (Chase) and FoodPanda

GiveMeAColdOne

5 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I have had transactions blocked when using my Chase Visa debit card. When this happens, I receive a message on the Chase app on my phone asking if the transaction is genuine. After confirming that it is, I re-submit it and it goes through.

Would not expect the amount of FoodPanda charge to key that requirement - but maybe expensive eats or multi payments on same day.

Edited by lopburi3

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Would not expect the amount of FoodPanda charge to key that requirement - but maybe expensive eats or multi payments on same day.

Yes, small charges should go through unless the Chase fraud department also blocks non-US charges. Difficult to know what triggers Chase's fraud algorithms.

18 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I have had transactions blocked when using my Chase Visa debit card. When this happens, I receive a message on the Chase app on my phone asking if the transaction is genuine. After confirming that it is, I re-submit it and it goes through.

I have the same experience with Chase credit card on overseas purchases and sends a message to my email address for confirmation.

For online purchases I use a company called Privacy  (https://app.privacy.com/

This company sets up virtual credit cards for online use.  When using the card with a vendor you dont have to use your real name or address.

There are options as one time use, pause, set limit amount, etc like this for trail offers so I dont forget to cancel before the 90 days.

I use this company for almost all of my only transactions. 

My Chase CC is about the only CC I’ve ever been able to use without getting cock blocked one way or another on occasion on Food Panda.

In fact, the Chase fraud department has never blocked any transaction on any Thailand-based commerce site in my experience.