Pattaya, Jomtien: newest live music, eating out, attractions?

henrik2000

Hello, back to Jomtien + Pattaya as a tourist after 1 year. I wanted to ask you what's new in Jomtien + Pattaya in these categories:

• live music, esp. Thai style live music, not plain rock
  • restaurants, esp. Thai and Italian, not grill, not posh, not in heavy tourist areas like Walking Street or Soi Buakhao
  • coffee shops standing out for ambience or quality
  • attractions natural, historical
  • transport with Bolt + Grab + Baht Bus
  • traditional massage

I don't need updates about girlie bars, agogos, soapy massage, fine dining, discos, gin tonic.

About live music:

I very much like Thai live music restaurants like Kon La Fun, Sin Lapin Isaan. From Google Maps I understand they are still operational? Any others come to your mind?

Occasionally I like to watch live bands on Walking Street in Stones House, Candy Shop, Muzzik Café (but not live rock in girlie bars).

And it seems that lukthung place Zac (?) at the very NE start of Walking Street ((roughly opposite Stones House)) has still not come back. - Also Samran Pub on Pattaya 3rd Rd is no more? – And in the Jomtien hinterlands, there was the Thai music hall Ban Morlam (roughly near Rom Pho Café, Rom Pho Barbecue Buffet, inland from Rom Pho entertainment complex), but it also seems gone forever?

Thanks for all updates!

Edited by henrik2000

On 10/28/2023 at 9:25 PM, Thailand J said:

I dunno what's new and outstanding in Jomtein but this new joint in Najomtein is buzzing.

Steak, dessert, coffee, cocktails...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/QGDq6qoW3YMVVTYy9

Just to add, yes, it seems to be almost packed all the time, and with quite a higher class of people (mostly wealthy Thai).

It also has a unique feature which are a few different flavours of in-house brews, and you can try any or all of them by purchasing a card and then pouring as much as you want of each type (as little as 20 baht for a sip).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

It also has a unique feature which are a few different flavours of in-house brews, and you can try any or all of them by purchasing a card and then pouring as much as you want of each typ

Sam, thanks for interesting additions!

By "in-house brews" I understand you mean beer and not coffee, right?

It's an interesting system for sure, and I'd love it for coffee too.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

By "in-house brews" I understand you mean beer and not coffee, right?

It's an interesting system for sure, and I'd love it for coffee too.

Yes, beer, and I too, would love this type of system for coffee, great idea! 

Perhaps a money-maker for those entrepreneurial types out there?

4 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I too, would love this type of system for coffee, great idea!

Actually later on Google Maps i read a Thai's (?) review about the place, translated by the system into my local language, and here translated by me to English:

"Coffee that you can smell and try before buying. You can try, taste and smell almost everything."

• Thumbs Up 1