Query re tourist visa application

I am in the UK and preparing to apply online for a 60-day tourist visa although my intention is to stay for 90 days by obtaining a 30-day extension at immigration. The evisa travel section requires a date of departure from Thailand. Must this be within the initial 60 days ? Or will my departure home within 90 days be accepted ?

I'm just coming in on the same visa the next two weeks.  I don't leave until May.  My visa was still approved.  If you do a visa run you can obtain the same visa again allowing you an additional ninety days with extension.

I did show that I had a place to stay till departure in May and a few days in a Bangkok hotel on arrival

My visas are all multi entry.  I don't wander as much as I used to but it still comes in handy at times.

I was thinking of Satun which is a one day uncomfortable road trip or flying over to the consulate in Saigon and taking a week or so to poke around.  I miss the Bahn Mi

16 minutes ago, talisman01 said:

So supposing I buy a throwaway ticket in order to show on the evisa application form that I am exiting Thailand before my 60th day, will I still be able to obtain a 30-day extension later on ?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...