roof top bars

Prubangboy

You prob don't go much. Me neither. I have a proper balcony.

But where's a memorable one you've been to either in Thailand or elsewhere?

Do you prefer a nature view or a city view? Would you drink a craft cocktail involving dry ice and smoke?

In Nimman Chiang Mai, I can just about hop on one foot to 3 of them. At the Maya Mall, it's more like a rooftop park WITH a bar.

Here's the one I might pop into every other month:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d10556993-Reviews-The_Rooftop_Bar-Chiang_Mai.html

• Thumbs Up 1

There are a few in BKK with city views that are pretty spectacular and drinks as you describe, but I have yet to visit ones that rival CM for the more intimate city views and mountains (at least between flights out of the airport).  Have had some Mekong river places, but would not call them "roof top" bars.  I am prejudice, I love living in CM despite the 2 mo of burning that you can hop down to an island to avoid for a while.  Good luck with the search!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cloud 47 on Silom Rd in the United Services Bldg is excellent. Get there at 5pm on a weeknight. Very quiet with a great view.

Also the 360 Bar stop the Hilton Millennium on the River. Easily accessible these days by getting BTS to Krung Thonburi and changing to the Gold Line.

Also atop The Marriott on the cnr of Soi 57 and Sukhumvit Rd.

I'd steer clear of Lebua/State Tower, too many people.

I went to another rooftop restaurant at a hotel right next to Centralworld but I forgot the name, Anatara?

4 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

In BKK the nicest rooftop bars have become very noisy with stuff coming out of loudspeakers that I hesitate to call music. Sofitel on Sukhumvit near soi 13 is a nice exception with good Belgian beers. 

Agree, Sofitel is  usually a good choice abd very accessible, 

Could contain: