Naga Fireballs dazzle spectators at Buddhist Lent finale in northeastern Thailand

snoop1130

14 hours ago, jcmj said:

Would love to see some pics of the mysterious fireballs that magically appear every year at the end of Buddhist lent. 

I used to live about 50km south of Phon Phisai, we went many times for the "fireballs"

I thought it would be a globe like thing rising out of the water, what I saw was more like a bottle rocket streaking up and going pop.

Very rarely I should add and nobody could really see where they came from

Years ago it was a nice outing sitting on the edge of the river, eating drinking and not seeing much

Nowadays they have barges and floats all lit up with lights and bands playing and  you can hardly see the river for the boats, and not seeing much in the way of fireballs.

I tried to get a photograph but couldn't, neither could the film crews that were set up

Having been about 5 times I remain a skeptic.

12 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I used to live about 50km south of Phon Phisai, we went many times for the "fireballs"

I thought it would be a globe like thing rising out of the water, what I saw was more like a bottle rocket streaking up and going pop.

Very rarely I should add and nobody could really see where they came from

Years ago it was a nice outing sitting on the edge of the river, eating drinking and not seeing much

Nowadays they have barges and floats all lit up with lights and bands playing and  you can hardly see the river for the boats, and not seeing much in the way of fireballs.

I tried to get a photograph but couldn't, neither could the film crews that were set up

Having been about 5 times I remain a skeptic.

I live in a town on the eastern side of Pennsylvania, USA.   Occasionally, I see the same thing.   Only it happens any time of the year, not just after a Buddhist holiday.