Hip Surgery

Cheshire Cheese

Last week I had gall bladder removed at University Hospital in P'lok.

There are items on the bill, all in Thai, which on translation I do not understand, like 'Prothesis Organs and Medical Equipment = Bht 11,000. The actual procedure/anaesthetic is there as Bht 16,300. Medical Equipment & Tools = Bht 1650, So check it out carefully before you, or your insurance company, pay.

• Confused 1

I had this last year Howard --- did you pick out what replacement you wanted ?  A friend just had the standard Metal after 22 years he is having problems , I paid the extra for a ceramic, of course the top one is Titanium, but thats expensive and will well out last you.

I also had the operation while awake---seems to be the way they like to do things now days--- no pain but the operating theater its very cold after an hour or so .

I had it in Issan.

54 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

There are items on the bill, all in Thai, which on translation I do not understand, like 'Prothesis Organs and Medical Equipment = Bht 11,000. The actual procedure/anaesthetic is there as Bht 16,300. Medical Equipment & Tools = Bht 1650, So check it out carefully before you, or your insurance company, pay.

Was it a laparoscipic procedure? As this requires use of specialized endoscopic equipment with additional cost, which at government hospitals is around that amount.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Was it a laparoscipic procedure? As this requires use of specialized endoscopic equipment with additional cost, which at government hospitals is around that amount.

Yes it was, thanks Sheryl. 

Got a quote for Bht 180,000 at some of the private hospitals, so no complaints. 2 nights @ Bht 800 per night.

Edited by KannikaP

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I had hip replacement in a private hospital.

As for advice...suggest you don't push the exercise as hard as I did post surgery.

That backfired.

What type exercises were you doing? Swimming, biking, weights, etc? 

On 11/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, KannikaP said:

I always thik it is better to get a copy of the bill in advance.  Yes there may be minor changes but at least then you know what you are going to spend and what you can save.

• Like 1