Extension Online "Faster & Easier" NO!

Unless something has changed, I will do my next extension in the same way I did it early this year.

Book an appointment at 2pm through the immigration website, not the vfsevisa system, so no prepayment involved.

Arrive there at 1:45pm, with all documents in hand which I had prepared at home, and allowed to pass the entire and extensive queue waiting outside on showing my appointment.

At 2:30pm I was outside and already at the revenue office on Jomtien second road

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As it is, the "online" extension process is a joke, if for no other reason that you still need to attend immigration anyway.

Hopefully they'll improve that process, at least for a simple 30-day extension for a tourist where (almost) no supporting documents are required.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:39 AM, Crossy said:

That sign was in a prominent location, I may try it next year, by then the bugs may have been ironed out or it may just have faded into history.

If VFS's handing of UK Visa applications is anything to go by, it will take them a lot longer than 1 year to get it working correctly.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 1:42 AM, Thjames said:

1. its done via VFS (immigration farms out the document collection) but their "custormer service and support is far from good" im told not to state my honest opinion of VFS online in case they take you to police (read between the lines)

Well I'm not in Thailand so I can say what I really think.  Having dealt with VFS for many years - (since the UK stopped handling their own visa applications) all I can say is THEY ARE THE MOST USELESS OUTFIT I'VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO DEAL WITH.

To be fair, with UK visa applications they have got better now but that's only if everything is straighforward.  The slightest glitch and everything goes to pot and trying to actually speak to them is impossible.  As a company that handles ousourced work, they actually outsource their customer service function and you end up in phone calls and e-mails to India where the staff know even less that VFS do. Their website used to crash when you were uploading documents or simply refuse to upload them.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 9:08 AM, bob smith said:
On 11/2/2023 at 9:08 AM, NanLaew said:

Will you still be whining on here once you're over there (if you ever do go)?

he's here again! you love me really don't you

Now, now bob, don't get ahead of yourself. We haven't even been formally introduced yet.

You'll need a chaperone on our first date.

14 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Well I'm not in Thailand so I can say what I really think.  Having dealt with VFS for many years - (since the UK stopped handling their own visa applications) all I can say is THEY ARE THE MOST USELESS OUTFIT I'VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO DEAL WITH.

To be fair, with UK visa applications they have got better now but that's only if everything is straighforward.  The slightest glitch and everything goes to pot and trying to actually speak to them is impossible.  As a company that handles ousourced work, they actually outsource their customer service function and you end up in phone calls and e-mails to India where the staff know even less that VFS do. Their website used to crash when you were uploading documents or simply refuse to upload them.

Are you sitting comfortably?

Let us begin...

Over the years, five successful visa applications at VFS at their original location, as well as a couple at Trendy.

Two successful passport renewals, received in a little over two weeks both times.

Two successful first passports for my dual-nationality children, took a little over three weeks each time.

My friend did a no-appointment, walk-in passport renewal application and subsequent collection at Trendy a couple of months back. Picked up the new one three weeks later.

If you have issues with tying shoelaces, you can always try slip-ons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Are you sitting comfortably?

Let us begin...

Over the years, five successful visa applications at VFS at their original location, as well as a couple at Trendy.

Two successful passport renewals, received in a little over two weeks both times.

Two successful first passports for my dual-nationality children, took a little over three weeks each time.

My friend did a no-appointment, walk-in passport renewal application and subsequent collection at Trendy a couple of months back. Picked up the new one three weeks later.

Still skipping up and down our soi in a state of unbridled ecstasy, fulsomely singing the praises of the With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience to the highest heavens as being the very best thing since sliced bread, are we?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

Still skipping up and down our soi in a state of unbridled ecstasy, fulsomely singing the praises of the With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience to the highest heavens as being the very best thing since sliced bread, are we?

Still thinking you're clever calling it 'With-It Tower' after all these years, are we?

BTW, I thought you had me on ignore already?

PS: Nice slip-on's.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:54 AM, bob smith said:

why do we put up with it is what I want to know?

i've already told mrs smith.

ANY hassle from the IO this year and I mean even the slightest bit of hostility, then i'm off to Laos/Cambodia and I will see her when I see her.

I just don't need the headache.

Love the way you treat your wife. Unlike me you must be a "real man"..

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Don't be an a s s - its not big and its not clever.  I can assure you that the problems I have experienced with VFS have been genuine.  They've been OK on some occasions and absoutely useless on others - mainly problems with their webitse refusing to accept documents. On each occasion I have eventually received an apology but at the time, the call centre customer service staff were unaware of the problems.  One called me back and said he would 'walk me through the process' - I knew what the result would be but went along with him - as I suspected, the site refused to accept the documents to which the staffer said he'd have to get back to me and never did.

If you want to score points, I've made over 30  (yes 30) UK Visa applications mainly visitor visas but 2 settlement  - all successful although one, on the old system needed an e-mail to the embassy first.  At least 15 of those have been through VFS and I'd guess I had problems with around 5 of them, all with VFS.  Problems can occur in any situation and with any company, what matters is the ability of a company to deal with those problems.  Sorry but employing call centre staff that have no idea what they are doing and fail to call you back is not dealing with a problem at all.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:38 PM, MangoKorat said:

Having dealt with VFS for many years - (since the UK stopped handling their own visa applications) all I can say is THEY ARE THE MOST USELESS OUTFIT I'VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO DEAL WITH.

To be fair, with UK visa applications they have got better now but that's only if everything is straighforward. 

Are you on about visas to visit the UK? Looks like that is done by UKVI a government department?