Kawasaki 900

ray23

"I was in Bangkok yesterday to look what the different shops have for sale. I also visited the new Kawasaki Show Room at 190 Rama Road very close to RAC. I went there to check up if their Internet Info was correct and it was. The new VN900 VULCAN CUSTOM is freely for sale in Thailand at 460.000 BAHT.

The bike looks nice and is probably very good. The bike is made in Japan and the price is reasonable for Thailand. I mean that if people pay more than 200.000 Baht for 10 year old 400 Customs which have been put into pieces in Japan and assembled again in Thailand. Then it has been used, serviced, repaired etc here in Thailand for allmost 10 years and very often the bike has a history as a rental bike. If I needed a Custom Bike I would go for a factory new Kawasaki 900 if I can afford the extra money.

Ok , now I do not need any Custom Bike myself but I think it is a breakthrough that a Japanese factory offers big bike freely on the Thai market. It means that all the talks about agrements between the Japaneese Factories and the Thai Goverment not to sell over 200cc on the Thai Market are not true or the agreement is deteroriating.

Kawasaki is already manufacturing for export at their Rayon Factory, as far as I know, KSR, KLX110 (also as Suzuki with yellow colour)KLX300, KLR 650 since 2000, EX 250, EX6R and probably many other models.

In the shop they also had on display EX6R and a ZX600R for which they gave prices but told that they can not sell them, Both samples were Japanese made. They also asked us to send letters to them that we want to buy these models and others so that they can show the Japanese at the head office. The reason that they only sell the 900 Vulcan is policy from the head office and the other models are on dispaly to see if there is any interest. SO EVERYBODY MUST GO TO SEE THEM AT KAWASAKI SHOW ROOM AND SHOW YOUR INTEREST.

Hopefully Kawasaki will make a breakthrough and the other factories will follow. Think about how nice it would be to go to a Honda shop with all models for prompt delivery. No hassle with ordering bikes, prepayments which disappear and a green book for sure."

Totally agree Ray. 460K is not so bad a price & at least you know what your getting. I think the other big boys are adopting a wait & see policy before making the jump, but like you say, only a matter of time.

Ray, I think you mean that the showroom is close to RCA. I'll definitely stop by and let them know that I'm interested and find out the address to send the letter to. Really would be great to get a decent size bike without paying inflated prices for used bikes. Might even be able to get repairs done by some "factory trained" people.

Ray ,

I am having a little trouble understanding your post .

I was at Red Baron the other day looking at a new Yamaha R1 . These are brand new 2007 models , they are dissassembled shipped over as parts and then reassembled . Then they are registered which to my knowledge and quotes I have been given costs around 70,000THB and can take up to six months .

Bikes can be ordered on 50% deposit and will arrive in around a month . I had a look at them assembling a black one .

Keera motorcylcles do the same as well as another guy in Chon Buri . Keera only wanted 100k deposit , but wanted me to agree right then to buy one . Little too pushy for my liking .

I don't understand what you are saying that this guy does any different .

BTW the new R1 retails here for 620k with redgo . I was told when I wanted to trade mine , at the time I purchased it , they would give me 75% of what I paid for it .

GSX's are also available .

Keera want 580k for all the 1000cc bikes but add the redgo on after this price which can vary from 75k-100k .

I am also told that the Japanese Honda fireblades have a governer which gives them a max speed of 180klm/hr ( Something that keera didn't tell me ) European ones aren't governed .

New bikes have been available in Thailand for quite some time ( Where do the rental guys get there's ?)

Anyone know of any other dealers ?

Cheers ,

Jim .

I am having a little trouble understanding your post

I think Ray's post refers to a Kawasaki dealer selling a brand new fully legal bike. I assume you're getting a guaranteed product with registration, insurance etc as part of the deal. I understand that you can also buy BMWs, Triumphs and maybe soon Yamahas like this in Thailand.

I'm not knocking the independent dealers but buying a bike imported as spare parts is a bit riskier. There are a few tales out there about wrong specs, lost deposits and registration problems. I hope more of the big makers set up dealerships here. It could only be a good thing.

btw, where's RCA in Bangkok? What's the nearest MRT station?

[

How to get there: The quickest way to RCA is by MRT or BTS and a quick taxi ride the rest of the way. The nearest MRT is Pharam 9 station, and the nearest BTS Asok or Phrom Phong. From any of these stations the taxi fare should be no more than 50-60 Baht depending on traffic (it is a bit built up the area).

Yep just letting you guys know it's out there. One guy here in Udon Ordered a new Yamaha 1100, from local bike shop that normaly sales used big bikes. It came in one month. It's going the book process now. I'm curious to see how that goes. There is also a Honda 750 new here in a Honda shop. So it looks like these things can be done.

Hi all, just to confirm you can get original big bikes. I bought a 2,300cc Triumph Rocket 3 from Britbike BKK. Fully legit bike from England, registered in my name with 2 years warrenty and fully comp insurance. The dogs Boll"%$ Cant stop grinning since I got it. Like anything here you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!! :o

[

How to get there: The quickest way to RCA is by MRT or BTS and a quick taxi ride the rest of the way. The nearest MRT is Pharam 9 station, and the nearest BTS Asok or Phrom Phong. From any of these stations the taxi fare should be no more than 50-60 Baht depending on traffic (it is a bit built up the area).

FYI, http://kawasakibigbike.com/contact.asp