Visiting Pattaya, 15yrs since my last visit.

roo860

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks @roo860 for a positive post and I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself.

Hungry Hippo, Soi Buakhao, excellent value!!!!!

Hired a scooter from Pattaya Motorbike Rentals, older bike, 2,000bt a month!!!

Could contain:

Edited by roo860
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

in those groups of indian guys it's pretty "touchy feely".

i eat at an indian place and when they come out it's hands on city. back rubs, arm around buddies neck. no arse grabs so far.

I lived in India for around 2 years, one friend from the Kashmir tried to put his arm around me when we were walking, it's quite normal for good friends to do this, and I'm not telling you if I let him!!😃😃

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

Personally I think that breakfast was excellent value. 

If you think that than the Witherspoons equivalent is only 99 baht - and I think available to 11.

Cheap Charlie's used to be 89 baht but not been for quite a while.

1 hour ago, topt said:

If you think that than the Witherspoons equivalent is only 99 baht - and I think available to 11.

Saw that, think it was 7 items 149bt 

Witherspoon.

Edited by roo860

48 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Saw that, think it was 7 items 149bt 

Witherspoon.

7 items you select yourself is indeed 149. The small English, which is almost the same as the pic you showed for HH but minus the bubble and squeak and no refill is 99 baht.

19 minutes ago, topt said:

7 items you select yourself is indeed 149. The small English, which is almost the same as the pic you showed for HH but minus the bubble and squeak and no refill is 99 baht.

Excellent, seemed to be busy.

On 11/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, topt said:

i have given up on those cheap foreigner breakfasts in the area. do you really enjoy eating there? maybe it's a uk thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 6:45 PM, JimTripper said:

i have given up on those cheap foreigner breakfasts in the area. do you really enjoy eating there? maybe it's a uk thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

I certainly enjoyed eating there, there was plenty of customers who were not from the UK, Australians, Scandinavians etc.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:45 PM, JimTripper said:

I prefer yoghurt and sponsor for breakfast. Light. Large meals make you sleepy.

I haven't been to Pattaya in a long while, but stayed there last weekend. And there's something I need to ask.

There are a few chain restaurants at beach facing end of Royal Garden Plaza... and when looking at their menu prices, they are exactly 2x the price of identical restaurant prices in Bangkok. Quality of food was good, service actually better than Bangkok so I am not complaining. But... Is that only this particular mall that doubled prices or is this Pattaya standard?

18 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I haven't been to Pattaya in a long while, but stayed there last weekend. And there's something I need to ask.

There are a few chain restaurants at beach facing end of Royal Garden Plaza... and when looking at their menu prices, they are exactly 2x the price of identical restaurant prices in Bangkok. Quality of food was good, service actually better than Bangkok so I am not complaining. But... Is that only this particular mall that doubled prices or is this Pattaya standard?

Generally I have found Pattaya far cheaper than Bangkok..... especially if you want a beer with your food.  Never really use fast food chains though. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, topt said:

179 now as of last Tuesday big breakfast at CC