Nong Khai to Nakhon Phanom

Stekmer

I'm after information on getting from Nong Khai to Nakhon Phanom - either direct bus links or options from Udon Thani.

I'm heading to Nong Khai (flight from Bangkok) on Nov 17th and have been searching to try to find out if the old Bus from Nong Khai is still running along the river front route to Nakhon Phanom.

I've taken this old bus twice before and quite enjoyed the slow pace and scenery along the way.

All I can find is that the Phetprasert Bus Company has a Chiang Mai to Nakhon Phanom bus that stops in Udon Thani at 0715 am - but - their website is in Thai only and the 4 or 5 booking websites I've tried show nothing operating at all.

Is there only 1 bus a day from Udon Thani Bus Station 1 to Nakhon Phanom - or - am I looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance for any local insights.

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2023 at 4:23 PM, Stekmer said:

I'm after information on getting from Nong Khai to Nakhon Phanom - either direct bus links or options from Udon Thani.

I'm heading to Nong Khai (flight from Bangkok) on Nov 17th and have been searching to try to find out if the old Bus from Nong Khai is still running along the river front route to Nakhon Phanom.

I've taken this old bus twice before and quite enjoyed the slow pace and scenery along the way.

All I can find is that the Phetprasert Bus Company has a Chiang Mai to Nakhon Phanom bus that stops in Udon Thani at 0715 am - but - their website is in Thai only and the 4 or 5 booking websites I've tried show nothing operating at all.

Is there only 1 bus a day from Udon Thani Bus Station 1 to Nakhon Phanom - or - am I looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance for any local insights.

How did it go? Shame nobody helped you.

15 minutes ago, Dolf said:

How did it go? Shame nobody helped you.

Probably because most aren't big on buses, or have experience with that route.

43 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Probably because most aren't big on buses, or have experience with that route.

But experts on politics.

The transport co. the company that runs most Thai buses, have a call center 1490, they should be able to tell you about bus routes.

Like the op I have done that journey on the old orange crush buses, now it will all first and second-class air con buses.

It would not surprise me if they were not a minibus service now.