Thai Juveniles And Their Bikes.

bdenner

Now the headlights have been locked on with most of the newer models the boys around here have decided to remove the rear red lenses and lock the brake light on for whatever reason. In days gone by they would not use lights any time of day or night so I guess this measure is to confuse the ghosts so as they do not know whether the bikes are coming or going? It certainly confuses me at late dusk or night. As we know the Thais do not care on which side of the road they ride.

Then:

Another new twist and I’ve seen 2 of these now on the streets of Amphur Ban Dung. Some idiot is making red lenses to fit the Honda Air Blade’s FRONT lights so now we have red at the front and white at the back. The police don’t give a toss and obviously their parents don’t. My camera is in the car now and I will post a photo ASAP.

The marketer of these lenses is probably the same irresponsible jerk that market’s the coloured caps that screw into the holes the mirrors leave when removed.

Red light on the front's a real cracker and should ensure an early exit from the gene pool. The latest in a long list of reasons for not venturing out on Thai roads at night.

I nearly dispatched an unlit "stealth" bike on the wrong said of the road coming back from Khon Kaen last night.