Teeth filling side effects?

villageidiotY2K

As said visit dentist and have x-ray exam done - that is the only way to know if/when/what.  As for fillings most of us started having them in our teens and have not suffered short or long term issues from such procedure.  Much better to fix a leak than wait for a dam burst (which means much more severe procedures to keep tooth).

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t watch YouTube and compare the videos to what might needs to be done.  Every case is different.

You might think you only need a filling.  But there can be other issues involved.  Just a filling is not a big deal.  But I suggest you see a good dentist to see what exactly is going on.  Letting it go can make things worse 

• Like 1

I read your post carefully mate n you need to:

1) go to a dentist ASAP who will deal with this "Black rotten" tooth, and thoroughly inspect your entire mouth.

2) You might consider taking a look at the thinking you express around this - particularly around the notions of self-care and self-love.

I say to you because, for a person to not go to a dentist for years at a time, have "black" rotting' teeth clearly indicated a distorted view of self care.

For healthy teeth; A person needs at lest 1 clean and fluoride a year, and at lest 1 to 2 checkups of all your teeth each year ... this whether you floss clean (and leave the residue of toothpaste in the mouth afterwards) and rinse a few times a day.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 12:04 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

I can clearly see the back teeth is rotting away but I’m quite hesitant to drill away and possibly damaging my teeth next to it.

Find a good dentist, the longer you leave it the more complications can arise. A rotting tooth if left untreated can lead to other health issues, serious ones sometimes.

A qualified dentist can drill/repair/remove damaged teeth without damaging adjoining teeth.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:04 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

Hi folks I’m an old man but never had tooth filling before.

Well done! 

I'm not an old man and I don't have many teeth left :-(

Having a filling these days is nothing to worry about, it can actually make your teeth stronger.

Congratulations on reaching old age without needing filling. You obviously took good care of your teeth over a lifetime.

I have had many fillings since my youth and some of them came out and caused problems after a couple of decades or longer. If you are already in your 70s for example, chances are your new fillings will outlive you.

Go to a dentist and get an expert opinion.

Lost both upper, last molars to that type of decay......first I knew of it was when an interstitial brush went awol and into the inside of the molar......I now know what a sharp pain feels like....nearly collapsed on the spot

Get them taken out before you get abscesses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for me, I would get a filling done ASAP.

The more the tooth rot, the riskier of it breaking off and complicating matters, and the pain that could occur.

Early stages, the filling is simple and painless even without a anesthetic.

Extraction would be my last resort!

Just my 2 cents FWEIW

Edited by ravip

On 11/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, villageidiotY2K said:

I can clearly see the back teeth is rotting away but I’m quite hesitant to drill away and possibly damaging my teeth next to it.

A good dentist will recommend the appropriate solution. Don't go to some clinic in a shopping area.

Don't get amalgam filling if offered, but if the rot is on the side of the tooth they wouldn't use amalgam on that anyway.

Rotten teeth can make you sick, so get them fixed.