Missed reporting 800k bank balance non O imm extension.

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem at all.

Just usual rubbish from crackpot immigration office. 

Next extension just apply as usual..

Ok, not saying you are wrong, but if he go to same office for extension? Can´t that then be a problem if the same guys in the crackpot are there?

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No

Ok! Great! Just to know, should I take that as the time of different rules at different immigration offices or different IO´s are long gone?

As you also say, notice to return is often not given. But when it´s given, will that not be a problem for a person who do not adhere to the notice?

Edited by Gottfrid

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok! Great! Just to know, should I take that as the time of different rules at different immigration offices or different IO´s are long gone?

Of course not.

CM rules on TM30 just one example.

The OP was asking about Jomtien specific requirement to return after 3 months.

A record of the return visit is not made.

There have been many threads regarding this..

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Of course not.

CM rules on TM30 just one example.

The OP was asking about Jomtien specific requirement to return after 3 months.

A record of the return visit is not made.

There have been many threads regarding this..

Ok, thanks! Just want to know and learn. :-) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, not saying you are wrong, but if he go to same office for extension? Can´t that then be a problem if the same guys in the crackpot are there?

No......from personal experience at Jomtien.

I ignored the 3 month appointment (I had a piece of paper with the appointment on). I did, of course, make sure that 800k remained intact for those 3 months.

Absolutely no issues when it came to do myextension.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

First up Jomtien immigration does not record any return visit.

Often the "return in 3 months" notice is not given.

It's a haphazard nonsense..

Absolutely correct!  Jomtien (Pattaya) Immigration office as mentioned is haphazard giving this notice.  Further, they have no tracking system for who does or does not report.   I know several people who received the notice to report back after 90 days to show the 800k remained on deposit that did not do so. When they renewed their annual extension, no problems (of course they did have to show their bank book to prove they kept the 800k on deposit for those 90 days).

• Like 2

I handed mine in a month ago at Jomtien. They didn't bother to look at it. If you didn't abide by the rules regarding leaving the amount in the account for the required time, then you will have a big problem when getting an extension. The reporting is a nonsense.

Edited by Gandtee
added words
  • Thumbs Up 1

Zero worry, zero repercussions. 

I get that waste of paper every year and immediately file it in the nearest 🗑️. Forgotten until next year when they once again provide me with another and which I once again immediately feed to the 🗑️

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Absolutely no problem! Jomtien.

I have gotten that demand previously.

I complied the first time. Then repeatedly did not.

There are no consequences for ignoring it.

But you must be in compliance with the bank balance rules to be shown during the next extension.

Compliance with those rules and that three month report demand are not the same thing.

Also some people confuse this with the 90 day address report which you must do and has nothing to do with the bank balance report (which can be ignored).

I did do a recent extension.

This time -- no demand letter.

I would have ignored it anyway. 

Spot on. It is very important to distinguish between the importance on compliance and the nonsense of the 3 month report.

It is interesting that they did not give you an appointment slip this year.  Have they seen the light?

so how would the illegal agents that produces the magical 800k in a bank account in your name even though you may not have it does it then? do they doctor the bank book to show that the funds was 'seasoned' properly and never leave the account? or do they actually leave the money sitting there in their client's name and them holding on to the bank book without touching it? 

• Like 1

It is a local requirement but no repercussions if you forget. Come next extension renewal, you will likely have to show you maintained the 800/400/800 as required through the prior year which covers that too, and easy with a FD account you likely leave alone.

Edited by jacko45k

41 minutes ago, digbeth said:

so how would the illegal agents that produces the magical 800k in a bank account in your name even though you may not have it does it then? do they doctor the bank book to show that the funds was 'seasoned' properly and never leave the account? or do they actually leave the money sitting there in their client's name and them holding on to the bank book without touching it? 

Such requirements are not needed in that case... don't worry your head over it.

• Sad 1