Thepprasit Road Nightmare

Henryford

"Driving etiquette and respect for traffic laws in Thailand has to the worst in the world. Either ignorance or just plain stupidity"

I wouldn't be so harsh.

I give Thais lot of respect they stay friendly, cool and give others room in any situation.

I've seen lot of road rage in many countries for less jam. Thais don't even honk!

The stupidity comes from poor traffic planing and so often missing lights. They are not ON.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2023 at 7:40 AM, johnbarpic said:

Driving etiquette and respect for traffic laws in Thailand has to the worst in the world.

Not even close. Think India, or just about anywhere in the Middle East :glare:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driving etiquette and respect for traffic laws in Thailand has to the worst in the world. Either ignorance or just plain stupidity 

You don’t belong in Thailand. I am sure the roads in your country are fantastic.? But then, if new infrastructure was built here to your standards, prices will have to increase which will give you another reason to call Thai people stupid.

• Haha 1

Driving etiquette and respect for traffic laws in Thailand has to the worst in the world. Either ignorance or just plain stupidity 

When I go out every morning for my bike ride I am getting cars and motorbikes coming out in front of me all the time, and motorbikes always on the wrong side of the road. These are the halfwits that cause me to keep saying that most Thai people are stupid, then the deluded posters start plastering me with their saddo emoticans.

• Like 2

First they remade the road (took 2 years of chaos) and that speeded up the traffic pace so much that crossing the Theprasit can be a life-changing moment. .And now they try to slow it down which affects the whole blood system of traffic in Pattaya south.What they really need  is more overpassing bridges for pedestrians especially in front of the big market places.(Night market,second hand market and the big veggie and wetmarket)It would benefit even the trafficjam situation together with limited stopping/parking rules/fines on Theprasit road. They also need to make a deep professional all over analysis of the whole traffic health in Pattaya. Earlier I heard ideas about making skytrains connecting east and west Pattaya and fly bridges for tourist coaches from Sukhumvit to Bali Hi.Maybe still in pipeline?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, GypsyT said:

"Driving etiquette and respect for traffic laws in Thailand has to the worst in the world. Either ignorance or just plain stupidity"

I wouldn't be so harsh.

I give Thais lot of respect they stay friendly, cool and give others room in any situation.

I've seen lot of road rage in many countries for less jam. Thais don't even honk!

The stupidity comes from poor traffic planing and so often missing lights. They are not ON.

They are not on because thais drive through them

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, PB172111 said:

You don’t belong in Thailand. I am sure the roads in your country are fantastic.? But then, if new infrastructure was built here to your standards, prices will have to increase which will give you another reason to call Thai people stupid.

Infrastructure??? Denial/delusion. This is not about infrastructure. 

6 hours ago, PB172111 said: