Where Can I Donate Children Clothes & Toys

cnxmike

We have a lot of children clothes and shoes, which are now too small for our 7 years old daughter. There are a lot of toys, too.

We would like to donate them for children in need. Has anybody an idea how to make it?

I'm not associated with any organization, but I donate all sorts of things (food, clothing, etc.) to a very small hill tribe village outside of Omkoy near the Burma border. If you live in Chiang Mai and you'd like me to include your donations, let me know and we'll find a way to meet. I donate things on an average of about once a month, depending on if the roads are passible or not.

We also donate things to the orphanage , here in Chiangdao is no support from anything or any farang .

Although they do not have many small children they all in an older age allready .

They tell me everything is welcome especially school clothes shoes etc etc . It is a very nice thing to give .

I prefer to give straight to the people instead of believing they will buy things themselves .

So if wanting to donate some money I ask them what they are in need for , and buy it . Their gratitude is endless :o

"... I favor Ban Kin Kaew on the road which goes from Chiang Mai gate to Hang Dong Rd. They don't seem to attract as much farang support as others."

That road is called Wuwa Lai - the one with all the silver shops on it. And the orphanage is right across from a noodle place on the left side of the street if heading out of the city towards Hang Dong. Also Wuwa Lai = many cows, and I think there actually were many there at one time in the recent past. Also the cow statue/altar at the three way intersection halfway up the street makes sense in there then too.

My Own Question...

Major Cineplex used to have a thing where you could donate old glasses and frames at the movie theater. I saved like 4 pairs a couple yrs ago and then they took it away. Anybody know who accepts old glasses and frames donations? I'd rather give them to an org that will check prescrips and not just let ppl grab and start wearing perhaps ill-fitted glasses for their actual needs. Who's best to take these? I'd be very happy not to just throw them away.

I go once a month to wat Don Chai which is just off the super highway, corner of going to San Kampheang. They have about 250 girls and 250 boys of all ages. They will love your goods. Like a previous post I usually buy things for them, Makro is nearby and give things they can use instaed of money, personal hygiene things (especially for the girls) is always in short supply. Anyway, will be glad to take your things there and am also willing to pick them up if you have no transport. You can PM me if you so like.