enjoy's shopping for those clothes

never forgets important occasions

and always knows just the right gift to buy

can understand her emotions and inner confusions

is athletic but not into sports

cares about his appearance and the way he dress's

is a kind considerate lover who always puts her needs first

is a best freind who she can confide her innermost thoughts

shares in all the houshold chores with a smile and a 'lets get it done' attitude

is mature and confident without being rude or agresive

consults you on every aspect of major discisions such as buying a car

is good freinds with your mother and enjoys her company

and is alway there with an understanding shoulder to cry on .................

Of course in the end you always marry a straight guy instead

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face facts, ladies.

You all admire a gentleman.

But many of you hang with rogues.

Because they're unpredictable and keep you on your toes.

Gentlemen (like me) would bore you in the long run.

Well qwertz, you could be an unpredictable interesting gentleman like me!

Face facts, ladies.

But why can't you be both?

Have your roguish moments... yet remain a true gentleman at heart?

In this day of cut backs and lay offs, everyone is required to wear "many hats" :o

And I am when and where you choose to wear these "hats" can be fun, in a rougish kind of way.. :D

Face facts, ladies.

You're on to something ... I'm not going to lie to you. We need you to be both. But, I don't think we are all that different from men in that regard.

How does that saying go: "a lady in the living room, and a ............."

*But, I want to add, as a woman matures, she understands the full value of a gentleman.

Edited by kat

I want HIM to be my mate, my drinking buddy, my friend. Someone I can talk to about everything, even the skeletons in my closet. I know, he'll try to fix my problems for me and I don't mind that as long as he listens. I want him to be trust-worthy and reliable, to care about my feelings, (to not hurt me) and to trust me.

I want HIM to be my man, my lover,my friend.

Nothing quite like a good boy who looks and acts like a bad boy. All the perks without the real danger. I dont want a pussycat, i want a tiger! :o Just a bit more tamed. ^^ I need conflicting viewpoints and someone who can hold their own in conversations. A bit of choas in the harmony to keep things sizzling. Above and beyond all else i need to feel I respect him and that he excites me, or i think there is no point

If he also looks a bit like:

jdtattoosmh8.jpg

then im in heaven! :D

I hear what you're saying eek, but then it's a bit of a cliche. I don't want an act. That's why I prefer the bad boy that looks like a good boy.

However, the moment he tries to scam - he's out for good.

My girlfriend (together 3 years and living together) fell in love with me because I was a rogue, women hate nice guys, figured that out long ago. Luckily for her we stayed together long enough for her to find out I'm also sickeningly sweet... bleh. I think women are attracted to a man that seems dangerous/mysterious. I think men are probably the same.

Damian

Edited by DamianMavis

Face facts, ladies.

But why can't you be both?

Have your roguish moments... yet remain a true gentleman at heart?

In this day of cut backs and lay offs, everyone is required to wear "many hats" :o

And I am sure when and where you choose to wear these "hats" can be fun, in a rougish kind of way.. :D

It is fair to say I was distracted while in the middle of the last sentence.

Alas, I have no idea what I was trying to write, but I was trying to be cute with the play on "hats"

And I am sure, when and where you choose to wear these hats...

Nothing quite like a good boy who looks and acts like a bad boy. All the perks without the real danger. I dont want a pussycat, i want a tiger! :o Just a bit more tamed. ^^ I need conflicting viewpoints and someone who can hold their own in conversations. A bit of choas in the harmony to keep things sizzling. Above and beyond all else i need to feel I respect him and that he excites me, or i think there is no point

jdtattoosmh8.jpg

Very interesting thread, ladies. I've often heard women say that honesty is very important in a man, yet not a single mention of it in this thread. In fact, just the opposite where women want men who are dishonest and pretend to be something they're not. My question is, how do you know the good guy who acts like a bad boy isn't really a bad boy pretending to be a nice guy acting like a bad boy? Seems to me if he's not honest then he's not really a nice guy to begin with. Seems to be the classic case of wanting your cake and eating it too.

Sorry to pop your bubble there Soju, but I am not a fan of the bad boy variety. I never have been attracted to them, never will.

Guess I am fairly conservative at heart, but I like my men kind, decent and yes, that word, honest. :o

Well, SBK, nice to know that there's still some women like yourself who don't want a bad boy and do value honesty. But it does seem at times that your type is a dying breed and many will say they want honesty but deep down do really like a bad boy who will lie to them and make things more exciting for them.

Honestly, I don't know. I can't say that I know that many women, only ones who are like-minded with myself. So, no bad boys amongst my small circle of female friends either.

Is it a trend? No idea, sorry :o

^

I was a challenge to my first wife.

She was the hottie on the block and I was leader of the pack.

I fought for her, she fought off her competition like a wildcat.

We married and she spent much time and energy taming me into a nice, reliable guy.

She succeeded, I know because all her friends envied her.

When I found out she was cheating, I pulled the plug - irrevocably - left her and went off the rails with girls much younger than me.

I just couldn't figure why she'd preferred to renounce the steady life for shaky adventures with rogues.

She said she was sorry she had because after hearing of my exploits on the singles scene, she wanted me back; go figure.

I never did go back but I still always loved and missed her a little. She says much the same.

After she remarried, she invited me and my daughter to meet her husband.

He's 9 years younger than me; I liked him at once.

He was bright, witty and a little wild.

Just like me before she tamed me!

Any questions?

I hear what you're saying eek, but then it's a bit of a cliche. I don't want an act. That's why I prefer the bad boy that looks like a good boy.

Nothing quite like a good boy who looks and acts like a bad boy. All the perks without the real danger. I dont want a pussycat, i want a tiger! :D Just a bit more tamed. ^^ I need conflicting viewpoints and someone who can hold their own in conversations. A bit of choas in the harmony to keep things sizzling. Above and beyond all else i need to feel I respect him and that he excites me, or i think there is no point

jdtattoosmh8.jpg

Very interesting thread, ladies. I've often heard women say that honesty is very important in a man, yet not a single mention of it in this thread. In fact, just the opposite where women want men who are dishonest and pretend to be something they're not. My question is, how do you know the good guy who acts like a bad boy isn't really a bad boy pretending to be a nice guy acting like a bad boy? Seems to me if he's not honest then he's not really a nice guy to begin with. Seems to be the classic case of wanting your cake and eating it too.

Soju, please read my comments above :o

^

I was a challenge to my first wife.

She was the hottie on the block and I was leader of the pack.

I fought for her, she fought off her competition like a wildcat.

We married and she spent much time and energy taming me into a nice, reliable guy.

She succeeded, I know because all her friends envied her.

When I found out she was cheating, I pulled the plug - irrevocably - left her and went off the rails with girls much younger than me.

I just couldn't figure why she'd preferred to renounce the steady life for shaky adventures with rogues.

She said she was sorry she had because after hearing of my exploits on the singles scene, she wanted me back; go figure.

I never did go back but I still always loved and missed her a little. She says much the same.

After she remarried, she invited me and my daughter to meet her husband.

He's 9 years younger than me; I liked him at once.

He was bright, witty and a little wild.

Just like me before she tamed me!

Any questions?

Nope. :D

i dont like bad boys. i dont like a wolf disguised as a sheep. but i do know what i do like.....

honesty is the most important thing in any relationship.

having said that, i dont like cheats. been there done that (been the cheatee, not the cheater).

i like a gentleman.

dont care if he drinks as long as he is not a drunk.

money isnt important as long as he can support himself.

i would like him to have a job.

and hes gotta be a decent kisser.

I think there are some key factors within any relationship that should be a given. Why state honesty, as well as some other basic expected traits when most, i believe, all expect that element. I dont think that being honest, or caring, etc are unique wishes of a woman, i think those traits are wished for by men also.

My reply was a tad tongue in cheek. Of COURSE i wish for an honest loving caring man, and all those other things one would EXPECT to be given as well as give back in return. THe point i was trying to express was above and beyond those elements I like a man who isnt just those things, for I need 'spark' in a relationship. Those basic elements I expect from good friendships too, so i want to feel a desire beyond a friendship. Acting like a 'bad boy' i suppose is too open for interpretation. There is nothing dishonest about having bravado, and i do not mean a man who tries to start fights etc. I mean a man who is proud to stand tall, who i can admire, who is willfull but not unyielding, but when we are alone shows more of his gentle side. My personal definition of a bad boy is not someone who is an ass or who would disrespect me in any way, its someone who is strong and protective and challenging. I like sarcasm and clever wit and strong personalities. Someone who doesnt hand me everything on a plate. I dont run around like a puppy after men, and i expect the same.

I didnt see the point in rattling off a list of qualities that should be taken as a given. My thinking was 'why state the obvious', give something more, something different. Ultimately I want to feel there is a balance, a give and take, just like i believe most all people want.

I think there are some key factors within any relationship that should be a given. Why state honesty, as well as some other basic expected traits when most, i believe, all expect that element. I dont think that being honest, or caring, etc are unique wishes of a woman, i think those traits are wished for by men also.

My reply was a tad tongue in cheek. Of COURSE i wish for an honest loving caring man, and all those other things one would EXPECT to be given as well as give back in return. THe point i was trying to express was above and beyond those elements I like a man who isnt just those things, for I need 'spark' in a relationship. Those basic elements I expect from good friendships too, so i want to feel a desire beyond a friendship. Acting like a 'bad boy' i suppose is too open for interpretation. There is nothing dishonest about having bravado, and i do not mean a man who tries to start fights etc. I mean a man who is proud to stand tall, who i can admire, who is willfull but not unyielding, but when we are alone shows more of his gentle side. My personal definition of a bad boy is not someone who is an ass or who would disrespect me in any way, its someone who is strong and protective and challenging. I like sarcasm and clever wit and strong personalities. Someone who doesnt hand me everything on a plate. I dont run around like a puppy after men, and i expect the same.

I didnt see the point in rattling off a list of qualities that should be taken as a given. My thinking was 'why state the obvious', give something more, something different. Ultimately I want to feel there is a balance, a give and take, just like i believe most all people want.

Sorry I didn't realize anyone would define 'bad boy' the way you do, thus my comments about honesty being my definition is entirely different than yours. Given your definition, then I can see that honesty and a bad boy would not be mutually exclusive, whereas using my definition they would be.

But I am a bit confused given your definition how that works with your comment:

Nothing quite like a good boy who looks and acts like a bad boy
So I guess you like a man who doesn't have bravado but acts like he does? Don't want to be putting words in your mouth, but if I'm still misinterpreting your definition of a bad boy then feel free to elaborate. Edited by Soju

Soju, please read my comments above :o

Well, Kat, I was confused the first time I read it and I'm still confused when I reread it. You don't want an act, but yet you want a "bad boy that looks like a good boy." I suppose it depends on what your definition of 'looks' is, but the first thought that comes to my mind is that 'looks' and 'acts' are pretty much the same thing. Perhaps you meant physically, ie. has the face of a good boy but beyond that is a bad boy?

Soju, as i said, my post was tongue in cheek.

But, what i mean, although it IS very hard to define what i mean, is that I am not into a guy who physicaly looks too clean cut, is loveydovey and overly gentle, asks me if im ok all the time, fusses around me etc. That to me is is an extreme example of a 'good boy'. By my own definition a 'bad boy' is a boy with all those traits within him but doesnt show them in such an extreme manner. Doesnt look too clean cut, doesnt act too clean cut. But is, well, clean cut. Maybe the 'acting like a bad boy' is the part that causes confusion. I find that the hardest to put into words. A guy who is strong and tough, and can hold their own, but is loyal, honest, kind, caring. So not like a good boy, all openly affectionate, nor like a bad boy, nasty comments and disrespect. Thats maybe the closest i can come to it.

I can see that my idea of bad boy probably doesnt fit with traditional views of what that defines, if it defines traits such as cheating, being a drunk, being violent. This is not what i mean.

I like a guy to have a 'manly' sort of way about him, but gentle within.

Anyway..I think its quite difficult to put into words what we each want, its way too subtle and personal. What one person defines for example an 'honest' personality is still open to interpretation even if the gist is there.

I think for the most part, we all want the basics, and then there is some kind of 'something extra' that hits us. A guy that i may not have found initially attractive may capture my heart because of his facial expressions or the way he talk but always because of his mind. Sometimes im surprised myself by what i find attractive about someone. ..