Taurine powder

bignok

I bought a large bag on aliexpress, I take it sometimes, not every day.  Along with Curcumin & Piperine, Resveratrol, and lastly Nicotinamide Ribaside.  All powders bought on AliExpress.

Be awarem Nicotinamide Riboside has been linked with increasing metastasising of cancers.

Taurine is currently undergoing a few clinical studies for life extension.

6 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

than food?

you sure? 

food is more "complete". it has taurine plus a bunch of other stuff.

maybe it's impossible to know how to tweak the body with powders, so complete foods are safer. 

Yes way better. I take powders. Way more energy. Animal fats and meat takes 6 hours to absorb. Powders 20 minutes.

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Be awarem Nicotinamide Riboside has been linked with increasing metastasising of cancers.

Taurine is currently undergoing a few clinical studies for life extension.

So you are still taking NR despite the cancer linkage...I've been taking NMN instead (early morning), and also Taurine later in the day.

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

I guess you dont exercise much

Maybe carbs are useful for quick energy for workouts.

Otherwise, protein is used to rebuild muscle. But it takes whatever time it takes to absorb. As muscle-building is a complex process and I'm not convinced all foods need to be absorbed instantaneously. 

• Agree 1

Just now, save the frogs said:

Maybe carbs are useful for quick energy for workouts.

Otherwise, protein is used to rebuild muscle. But it takes whatever time it takes to absorb. As muscle-building is a complex process and I'm not convinced all foods need to be absorbed instantaneously. 

Carbs wear off quickly. Amino acid powders keep you going for hours. Why bodybuilders take them.

Taurine is in some Red Bull but not much.

1 hour ago, mark5335 said:

So you are still taking NR despite the cancer linkage...I've been taking NMN instead (early morning), and also Taurine later in the day.

I've been on Renue's NMN for quite a few months now & love it!

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, bignok said:

Anyone tried it?

Yes, wouldn’t recommend it, these type of supplements are taxing on the body and especially the kidneys concerning taurine. If you’re looking to get amped out energy, then go on a 100% raw food diet including fish. Within a couple weeks you’ll be kicking butt like a 20yo.

On 11/26/2023 at 12:19 PM, bignok said:

Its supposed to be good for energy

Taurine occurs naturally in foods with protein, such as meat or fish. The human body uses taurine for actions in cells. One example is that taurine is used for energy production. Taurine also helps the body process bile acid and balance fluids, salts and minerals, among other actions.