DTAC balance validity

farrol

A few days ago I topped up my DTAC sim with 1000 THB using online top up in 7-11.

Bought a 300 THB data package and when I checked in DTAC app today it says balance is only valid until August 4th 2024.

Which is a bit of a bummer because I was planning to use rest of balance at end of 2024 when I plan to visit again.

I was surprised because before balance appeared to be valid indefinitely, at least when using top up cards.

Is there any useful way to spend the 762 THB balance I have? I heard about "DTAC pay", could I use that and where?

Screenshot_2023-11-27-11-18-25-00_565736b1aca24021ed0ed2e2febc9f472-1.jpg.e7e11520ac47b43f401348d14a8cab8f.jpg

You can buy extra days, 3bath for 30 days.

Dial   *113*90*9#  This code will add another 90 days to your  number.

If you only want 30 days insert 30 instead of 90.

I am not sure if you can surpass 1 year, but I suggest that you prolong the days just before you leave.

PS. You  an buy up to 180 days in 1 go just put 180 where 90 is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top up again with the minimum amount (B50?) from next month, each time you add the minimum credit the validity is extended for another 30 days up to a maximum of 12 months then use it at the end of next year.

Prepaid balances can also be transferred to other Dtac numbers if you know anyone who could use it (or pay you for it)...

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/jai-dee.html

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, farrol said:

I know, but that doesn't keep my balance from expiring,

Wrong. It does. 

But use *113*180*9# in conjunction with the USSD code supplied earlier to take the validity to as close to a full year as possible. 
The other thing you need to do, is to activate International Roaming, in so that you can apply the same USSD code whilst abroad. Thus keeping the validity date maxed out and your balance intact. 

P.S. Unlimited data @ 8Mbps, alongside Unlimited calls is only 175 baht per 30 days. Too late for that now. 

54 minutes ago, farrol said:

Actually I was wrong, I just managed to extend another 30 days that way.

@pitufikken thanks, best answer!

Just noticed that you already had 251 days. So you didn’t need the 180 day USSD code. Handy for the future perhaps. 

Edited by NextG