Always ask what the price is first

Chris Daley

I went to the market and found a nasty looking hole in the wall.  There was a grown man sitting there in his pajamas and a woman playing her phone.  They were not busy.  My girlfriend said what she wanted and the woman waved her hand in the air and continued using the phone.  My girlfriend added ''make it spicy'' and we went to sit and wait.  I would usually walk away at that point as I have done in the past many times.  If you can't even be bothered to take the order I will go next door.  But my girlfriend has the patience of a saint.

We had it to take away and collected the box.  It was 57 baht for krapao muu kai dao.  Tastes watery and has gristle in it.

Have you ever had a time when the price was shockingly high for something?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

We had it to take away and collected the box.  It was 57 baht for krapao muu kai dao.  Tastes watery and has gristle in it.

uhhhhh or you are just shockingly cheap. 57b for food and you are winging on here like a little school girl. tie up your panties its unbecoming of a woman. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

I went to the market and found a nasty looking hole in the wall.  There was a grown man sitting there in his pajamas and a woman playing her phone.  They were not busy.  My girlfriend said what she wanted and the woman waved her hand in the air and continued using the phone.  My girlfriend added ''make it spicy'' and we went to sit and wait.  I would usually walk away at that point as I have done in the past many times.  If you can't even be bothered to take the order I will go next door.  But my girlfriend has the patience of a saint.

57 baht 5555

Its 2 bucks or less

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2023 at 4:45 PM, Chris Daley said:

It was 57 baht for krapao muu kai dao...AHave you ever had a time when the price was shockingly high for something?

An extortionate B57!   You're a teacher here, yes?..was it nearly a day's salary?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2023 at 4:45 PM, Chris Daley said:

Just this morning looking at the menu of a Japanese place across the road from my gaff. They're wanting ฿2,500++ for Wagyu steak. Per 100 grams! 😱

• 4 weeks later...