METV - Activating last entry before expiry

METV - Activating last entry before expiry  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got my last entry before expiry of my METV and I've gotta go out of Thailand and back in before Xmas to get another 60 days. Flight prices are pretty crazy around that time of the year. Thinking if I should fly from BKK to KL in Malaysia and back on the same day for 7,000 baht return or do a flight from BKK to Udon Thani for 3,500 baht return then Grab/Indrive taxi for the one hour journey to Nong Khai Friendship Bridge, cross over to Laos and come back the same way. Laos eVisa costs about 1,800 baht. and the Grab/Indrive taxi will cost about 1,200 both ways. So about 6,500 baht to do the BKK to Udon to Laos and back. Pretty much similar to flying to KL and back.

What would you choose if you had those options? Looking at doing the whole thing via one day so no overnight stays at a hotel.

45 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What would you choose if you had those options? Looking at doing the whole thing via one day so no overnight stays at a hotel.

I never understand the obsession some folk have with Thailand.

Spend few days in Saigon and make mini holiday out of it. 

• Agree 1

If you're in Bangkok how about you just contact SWD Transport.

They run to the Cambodian border and back almost every day at 4:30am from the On Nut BTS Lotus's parking lot.

There's no need to slog all the way to Nong Khai just to activate an entry on a valid METV.

If you're going to try a land bounce from Bangkok definitely use a service.