Malaysia digital arrival card

my friend I

Lol wtf, how can they just implement stuff like this out of nowhere. There is no way I would have known this and i would just have booked a flight to kuala lumpur as usual, I can imagine this is the same for hundreds of people leaving from the west to malaysia on their so maniest trip.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, my friend I said:

According to the requirements for entry into Malaysia, visitors must show both their passports and the completed MDAC to the immigration officer on duty upon arrival.

I printed out the completed form but it wasn't asked for, it obviously comes up on screen when the IO scans your passport

15 hours ago, grain said:

Does this apply to ASEAN tourists too, like Thais?

Anyone 

Malaysia's Immigration Department said on its website that all travellers are required to submit their Malaysia Digital Arrival Card before entering the country, except those transiting or transferring through Singapore without seeking immigration clearance.

Permanent residents in Malaysia and Malaysia Automated Clearance System holders are also not required to submit digital arrival cards.

Edited by my friend I
  • Like 1

I was in KL two weeks ago and completed the digital arrival card in advance. For those who didn't do it, it appeared you could do it at the airport when you arrive. 

I also successfully registered to use the new eGates, now available for citizens from 10 countries. Complete the digital arrival card, and at KLIA look for the immigration desk named something like "e Gate registration" toward the right where they set up you up. They will review your data and take your photo and fingerprints. You can then immediately begin to use the automatic e gates on entry and exit and you no longer have stamps added to your passport (saving pages if you travel to Malaysia often). 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

That sucks. I live very close to the Thai-Malaysian border and this curbs the possibility of deciding on a whim to do some cross-border shopping, for example. 

Why? You just visit the website and take 5 minutes to complete the MDAC - it's not that onerous. 

2023-12-0416_40_01-MalaysiaDigitalArrivalCard-MDAC-Brave.jpg.65a3554c06881e12a1e90f9575218719.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Why? You just visit the website and take 5 minutes to complete the MDAC - it's not that onerous. 

2023-12-0416_40_01-MalaysiaDigitalArrivalCard-MDAC-Brave.jpg.65a3554c06881e12a1e90f9575218719.jpg

Doesn't it have to be filled out three days before the intended border crossing?

IS THE DIGITAL ARRIVAL CARD REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE?

If you are Singaporean, you need not fill in the form. 

Malaysia long-term pass holders, those with Brunei common identification certificates and holders of Thai border passes are also exempt.

Foreigners who do not fall under the exemption categories must submit their digital forms within three days prior to arrival. 

There had earlier been confusion over whether the digital arrival card would apply to all travellers, including those driving from Singapore or those opting to use manual immigration counters at Malaysia's land checkpoints. 

A grace period is currently in effect until Dec 31, allowing foreigners to complete the form upon arrival at Malaysia's international entry points. 

From Jan 1, the form must be completed within three days before arrival. 

• 1 month later...

I am doing a visa run by air via KL, I have 2 separate flights so I must fill the application. I am wondering what to put in the address section? I'll be in the airport for 4 hours so maybe the airport address or not applicable? Has anyone done this recently? 

On 12/4/2023 at 3:56 PM, DFPhuket said:

I was in KL two weeks ago and completed the digital arrival card in advance. For those who didn't do it, it appeared you could do it at the airport when you arrive. 

I also successfully registered to use the new eGates, now available for citizens from 10 countries. Complete the digital arrival card, and at KLIA look for the immigration desk named something like "e Gate registration" toward the right where they set up you up. They will review your data and take your photo and fingerprints. You can then immediately begin to use the automatic e gates on entry and exit and you no longer have stamps added to your passport (saving pages if you travel to Malaysia often). 

Wow, that's awesome, imagine if Dinosaur land got the same, best we got is a limited helping of exit automation but not if on any re-entry permit. 

On 1/18/2024 at 4:30 PM, Sam555 said:

I am doing a visa run by air via KL, I have 2 separate flights so I must fill the application. I am wondering what to put in the address section? I'll be in the airport for 4 hours so maybe the airport address or not applicable? Has anyone done this recently? 

Isn't it just asking for email address?

On 1/19/2024 at 12:00 PM, my friend I said:

Isn't it just asking for email address?

Correct.

The digital arrival form only asks for an email address, not a physical one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Must we print it out, or as someone said, it is already in the system and will pop up upon arrival? We're going overland next week via Padang Besar.

Edited by eddyod

51 minutes ago, eddyod said:

Must we print it out, or as someone said, it is already in the system and will pop up upon arrival? We're going overland next week via Padang Besar.

Belt & braces - print it out - you never know

39 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Belt & braces - print it out - you never know

No need to print. In fact, many people don't fill in the form until they're asked to at the border.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 8:45 AM, my friend I said:

There is a Tune hotel at KL airports. Anyone needing an address could use that I guess

There is an address requirement now.

Lot Pt 13 Jalan KLIA 2/2 Selangor Darul Ehsan, Sepang 64000 Malaysia 

Tune hotel

• 2 weeks later...