Visa run back the same day Poi pet.

Hi! 

I was on the way to drive away and do a visa run at Poi pet border. Unfortunately, I just read.

"However, those who are on Thai visa runs are often refused entry to Thailand if they stay in Cambodia for less than one day."

Knowing Poi pet has always been a bad place for visa runs. Should I still worry about what I read or is that since before Covid?

I have a new passport and multiple entry tourist visa. 

If Poi pet border is to be avoided, is there any other better borders close to Poi pet? Already booked a hotel in Aranyaprathet, so would definitely prefer to not have to spend the night in Cambodia.... 

Thanks in advance:)

Hi again!

Short update.

I am back in Thailand again. I asked the immigration before I exited Thailand. As I had a visa already they said I could go back the same day without any problems and it was no problems to enter Thailand. I did however have a bit of convincing to do at the exit from Cambodia as they thought Thailand wouldn't let me in as I didn't stay overnight.

Poi pet border wasn't crowded today, still agree with others there is more charming border crossings😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lalo27 said:

The border in O Smach is much quieter, also,  I was in Poipet last week and it took me more than 5 hours to cross the border sscitvwas overcrowded!

Do you mean the Chong Chom border crossing?

Screenshot_20231204_103325_Maps2.thumb.jpg.152daab13d8b31ed704e3f86e6110a64.jpg

As andycoops said i done the border crossing last thursday no problem i have only used 5 pages of my passbort and every io looked at it aleast 10 times, cambodia visa 1,500 bt to return 300 bt but he still held his hand so i gave him another 100 , on the thai side first is a health window he wanted my full address in thailand (i have had the same one for 19 years) i had already had a tm6 form filled out so just showed him that move on the the io this may be a warning he wanted my full address village,sub district,district and province mort of the times i leave  the district out but this chap wanted it ,its jast as well i have my full with my passport , from now on when i do a land crossing i will take a copt of my yellow book, also the car park 100 meters from the border on the left is run by the army is 90 bart