Thaksin Son Stonewalls Anti-corruption Examiners

george

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing that the extrajudicial stuff gets overlooked so often when claims of "he was no worse than the PMs before him" are made

Even more amazing is that the extrajudical stuff is the only accusation against Thaksin that is NOT investigated by the present government, and known culprits of such extrajudical stuff are even made special advisers to ISOC...

Not even talking about extrajudical stuff committed by our present PM himself while commanding general of special warfare command.

Why do you think that may be so?

It is amazing that the extrajudicial stuff gets overlooked so often when claims of "he was no worse than the PMs before him" are made

Even more amazing is that the extrajudical stuff is the only accusation against Thaksin that is NOT investigated by the present government, and known culprits of such extrajudical stuff are even made special advisers to ISOC...

Not even talking about extrajudical stuff committed by our present PM himself while commanding general of special warfare command.

Hi Colpyat

Yes it sadly seems everyone including many of his opponents wants to ignore what I think we agree is the worst allegation against Mr. T. I think we know the reasons.

It still disturbs me though that some posters on here, yourself not included, overlook these serious allegation that can be seen on many human rights groups websites.

Hi Colpyat

Yes it sadly seems everyone including many of his opponents wants to ignore what I think we agree is the worst allegation against Mr. T. I think we know the reasons.

It still disturbs me though that some posters on here, yourself not included, overlook these serious allegation that can be seen on many human rights groups websites.

Hammered,

It still disturbs me though that some poster on here, yourself included, overlook the serious fact that this thread is about one young man's not giving statements to an anti-corruption examiner and that this topic has nothing at all to do with his father's allegged involvement in extra-jucicial actions of any kind......i.e....you are off topic. Please try to avoid this gaff in the future.

Thank you,

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Hi Colpyat

Hammered,

It still disturbs me though that some poster on here, yourself included, overlook the serious fact that this thread is about one young man's not giving statements to an anti-corruption examiner and that this topic has nothing at all to do with his father's allegged involvement in extra-jucicial actions of any kind......i.e....you are off topic. Please try to avoid this gaff in the future.

Thank you,

Chownah

Chownah please accept my humble apologies. It must have been something to do with the subject of some guy not answering some questions not interesting me too much. Quite how it came to be on extrajudicial killings I will have to go back and check but I dont think it was me that started that.

Peace

Well you're either liable for Tax or you aint under the law. I mean the law wasn't changed any after the coup. Why do you think the revenue department didn't collect tax before? Surely there's only one way to interpret that law.

Hi Colpyat

Hammered,

Thank you,

Chownah

Indeed there is always a kangaroo court willing to please a dictator. But than again, Thaksin could go to a Western court and aks them to freeze assets of the Thai government. Any decent free country would admit that laws should not apply retroactively.

But than again, most people just shout something, why? Because they never even attempt to speak with Thai people and ask for an opinion. If Thaksin came back tomorrow he would get 70% of the vote with two fingers in his nose. And Sonthi, well he will get a handful of votes, from the military who will get a advice to vite on him.

By the way, you would make a great judge! Apply at Imam Sonthi's place!

Indeed there is always a kangaroo court willing to please a dictator. But than again, Thaksin could go to a Western court and aks them to freeze assets of the Thai government. Any decent free country would admit that laws should not apply retroactively.

But than again, most people just shout something, why? Because they never even attempt to speak with Thai people and ask for an opinion. If Thaksin came back tomorrow he would get 70% of the vote with two fingers in his nose. And Sonthi, well he will get a handful of votes, from the military who will get a advice to vite on him.

Deminister,

you are off topic....the topic here is the son who didn't say anything to an examiner and the issues you bring up have nothing to do with this topic. What does Toxin hypothetically going to seize gov't assets have to do with his son not giving information to an examiner....nothing...absolutely nothing...you are off topic....please stay on topic or go post your interesting views in a topic that has to do with Toxin and his asset problems...ok?

Chownah

The only law applied retroctively here has been the dissolution of TRT which is no big deal because the boys are reforming on Thursday under the name of Thai Ruam Thai.

The tax and malfeasance laws etc under which Thaksin is facing prosecution have been in place for years. It was just under his regime no civil servant dare cross him due to his vengeful nature, ie instant transfer for any dissidents.

Regarding Thai people still believing in him 70%, wait until the election.

Why don't you post the wealth appreciation by the Shinawatras during the time Thaksin was in office.

Taksin a Telecomuications Tycoon long before he took up politics.

I recall he was worth 50 billion or so before he was elected to Prime Minister.

The Thai stock market performed well during his tenure, in fact rated as the worlds best in 2003 with 133% gains.

I think that has allot to do with where his money came from.

Why don't you post the wealth appreciation by the Shinawatras during the time Thaksin was in office.

The Thai stock market performed well during his tenure, in fact rated as the worlds best in 2003 with 133% gains.

Well why didn't he send his son to a reputable private university to complete his bachelor's degree rather than to a mass production state university such as Ramkhamhaeng? Then he could have answered the questions regarding his tax affairs rather than looking so vacant as he did the other day.

Well why didn't he send his son to a reputable private university to complete his bachelor's degree rather than to a mass production state university such as Ramkhamhaeng? Then he could have answered the questions regarding his tax affairs rather than looking so vacant as he did the other day.

Truth hurts, eh?

The bottom line is that there is no investigation into the business affairs of Thaksin's son or wife or daughter or Thaksin himself at the present moment that is not being carried out by a phony "commission" appointed directly by the rogue military officers who forcefully occupied Government House on Sept. 19th of last year. Someday there will be a free election unhampered by these fiends. After that time, and when they are well put away in prison, it might be proper to investigate Thaksin.

His legally-binding asset declarations don't match up with that.

An easily made mistake! Thaksin himself was only worth 1 billion, but he made a very good business decision to employ a gardener and house maid worth 49 billion :o

His legally-binding asset declarations don't match up with that.

Could it be that he divested before making the declaration by transfering the money to entities which he felt he could defend as being other than himself? For instance...if today he made an asset declaration he would not have to include all the money and investment paper that he has given to his family and friends and even though at a certain moment in time he WAS worth xxx baht he now is only worth yyy baht which is considerably less than xxx baht.

I recall some wealth tracking magazine like Forbes estimated his family at 25 bil before the became the PM. It was the richest family then.

Before Thaksin entered politics (pre 1997), telecom business was rather small. I don't see how he could squeeze 50 bil (or 60 bil as claimed by Noppadon) and hide it abroad. In ten years since AIS grew up ten fold but still could fetch only 72 bil for Shinawatras.

Not talking to AEC might backfire, as I said somewhere else. There are penalities for that under the NCCC law. Now it's down to mostly lawers - will Thaksin's team find enough loopholes in AEC procedures or will the AEC team strike back with a vengeance as they've been on this case for almost a year and know all the ins and outs.

We'll see a lot of legal posturing for sometime now, AEC clearly has an upper hand as they are the ones freezing accounts and Thaksin's team are served with summonses for breakfast.

In the end I don't think Thaksin's claims will sway courts too much as they are not arguing substance but procedures and hope to get away on techinicalities.

Noppadon might be disbarred for advising his client to ignore court issued summonses.

AEC to ask police to press charges against Thaksin's wife and son

Assets Examination Committee will ask police on Tuesday to press charges against four persons, including wife and son of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, for refusing to testify on corruption charges.

AEC will seek legal action against Khunying Pojaman and her son; Pantongtae, as well as Pojaman's personal secretary; Kanjanapa Honghern and Pojaman's sister in law; Busaba Damapong.

AEC's secretary Kaewsan Atipothi said that Khunying Pojaman had asked four times to postpone the hearing and the committee permitted all the request. However she recently submitted a document denying the AEC's authority to summon her for testifying.

Her son also refused to testify before the committee, Kaewsan said.

The Nation

Tell that to his ex partner, employee, supplier of equipment, or adivisor depending on which side you listen to. Seems Mr. T was found to have made some statements to the Thai courts which were suspect in their truthfulness regarding this whole mess. As there is still some legal rewards awaiting Mr. T in the US concering this business, it has not been brought up by him or his legal begals lately.

I am amazed that Thaksin would let it go this far to subject his family to arrest just so he could keep his money. Something about “I am the only smart person everyone else is just my helper comes to mind.”