Written " owner " in a yellow tabian ban

Hello, 

in an other forum, a member ( who left already , so he could'nt answered ) said that he bought a house in a lot and that in his yellow tabian book, it was written he is "owner"; is it possible, for instance if he has a permanent visa ?

because every body said he was a liar, he left the forum, but I think he was right 

do you have an answer  ?  ( the guy was a long term expat , maried with a Thai woman and they have two children )

thanks 

23 hours ago, Aforek said:

Hello, 

in an other forum, a member ( who left already , so he could'nt answered ) said that he bought a house in a lot and that in his yellow tabian book, it was written he is "owner"; is it possible, for instance if he has a permanent visa ?

because every body said he was a liar, he left the forum, but I think he was right 

do you have an answer  ?  ( the guy was a long term expat , maried with a Thai woman and they have two children )

thanks 

There is no such thing as a permanent visa. Perhaps the poster means permanent residence / permanent resident, which is issued as a lifetime certificate for lifetime not as a visa.

A visa has an expiry date, some visas can be renewed some can't, in all cases the holder must reapply and go through the consideration process.

Permanent residence (or more correctly called A Certificate of Residence*) is issued for lifetime, it has no expiry date, it never needs renewal and never needs review  but it does automatically cancel on the death of the holder.

(* not to be confused with the simple letter 'Certificate of Residence' which is a 'proof' of address letter as needed to renew a drivers license etc. This is NOT a permanent residence indicator / proof.)

Edited by scorecard

On 12/6/2023 at 8:14 AM, Aforek said:

Hello, 

thanks 

The yellow\blue House book is simply a registration of the person's address and had nothing to do with ownership. Thai nationals and permanent residents must be registered in a blue book which is needed for many official things. Non Thai people have the option to be registered in a yellow house book but it is not mandatory. The term jaoban as mentioned by another replier means house master, not owner. The house master may add people to the house registration as does the owner, but it gives them no rights to the property.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:14 AM, Aforek said:

Hello, 

thanks 

I have one answer, because I'm also listed in the field "status" as "owner" – i.e., "house-owner" – in my yellow house book.

I'm living here as retiree on annual retirement extensions. You can own a house in Thailand, but you cannot own the land under the house, exempt in very few cases.

Being registered as house-owner id not a proof of ownership, mere that you – or in my case I – is the person that can allow others to be listed in the house book(s), the blue for Thai nationals and permanent residency, the yellow for aliens (i.e., foreigners, I'm not sure about if them for space are also listed here). You can also be listed as house-master, if you are not owner, but the person that can allow others to be obtained in a house-book.

The image is one borrowed from the Internet – might even be from an ASEAN NOW forum – with an English translation...

House-book-translation.thumb.jpg.e6d20b717c7643bb567ecfabead00558.jpg

The yellow book has same fields as the blue. "Kind of house" – here listed as "house" – can also be "home", which it is in my books. "Type of house" is blank in the example here, in my book it says "Building in 3 floors".

13 hours ago, khunPer said:

I have one answer, because I'm also listed in the field "status" as "owner" – i.e., "house-owner" – in my yellow house book.

There are no entries in English in the house registration book, be this book blue or yellow. Therefore you are listed in your yellow house registration book neither as owner nor as house-owner.

Also the person of whom the OP, Aforek, wrote that he is listed as owner is not, in fact, listed as owner but as something written there in Thai.

As no correct information of the status has been given by the OP nor by you, this topic is now closed.

Anybody interested in discussing the possible English translations of the Thai indication of his status in his house registration book should please start a topic about it in the forum Thai Language.

Anybody interested in the subject of Permanent Residence should go the topic Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process.

:mfr_closed1: