Best Home Remedy for TOOTHACHE: Single Malt Scotch Whisky? OR: Irish Single Malt?

GammaGlobulin

Hi Folks,

Here's a question that often comes to mind, anytime I have a toothache.

Is Scotch better?

Or, is Irish better?

Do people from Scotland have less toothaches, due to their Scotch Whisky?

Or, are Irish people less plagued by dental pain?

In my opinion, Glenfiddich is the all-time cure for quick dental-pain alleviation.

Drink a liter of Glenfiddich, and even dental pain soon subsides.

As for a good time, however, then a good Cognac is my choice.

What's your opinions?

Regards,

Gamma

https://drinksgeek.com/best-glenfiddich-whisky/

image.png.1195ec61cfc7bcf010b5180ec9a4e340.png

image.png.e1ffc25a2883d7ba966fdfa4d6f65e58.png

Sometimes I get things mixed up, when I am drinking.

BUSHMILLS is the drink for me, when I have a serious toothache....

What about you?

Regards,

image.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Tramadol and Ardbeg, don't bother with Irish thats for wimps

F

Tramadol, Man!

But, Irish whisky is OK for toothache...

And, I have a DOOZY, right now!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Anyway, sorry folks...

I am in such extreme dental pain that I cannot even write straight, must less think straight, as usual.....

F

It hurts!

I put myself on Amoxycillin, this morning, but I still need to wait for the pain to subside.

Meanwhile, I have no Bushmills at hand, so sorry to report.

F

It.

I will endure.

But, it's not a pleasant experience, for sure....

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Try a dentist

My dentist is GREAT.

But, my dentist is not ON CALL 24 hours ....

I could go to the ER and ask for an intravenous injection of Morphine...

BUT... I don't WANT to ....

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

My dentist is GREAT.

But, my dentist is not ON CALL 24 hours ....

I could go to the ER and ask for an intravenous injection of Morphine...

BUT... I don't WANT to ....

Go 7 get some tablets

1. Cloves

This is perhaps the oldest and best-known remedy for relieving toothache pain and helping gums to heal. My dentist actually has a little homemade concoction that his grandfather used to make to help with these problems. He won’t tell me everything that’s in it, but I can taste cloves and I must say that this stuff really worked to heal a stubborn sore on my gum!

The active ingredient, eugenol, is in the oil of the clove. In fact, many dental items you buy today contain oil of cloves. Cloves have antimicrobial compounds, as well as a numbing effect, which makes them perfect for tooth or gum pain. Crush a couple of cloves and place it where the pain is for 10 or 15 minutes.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I put myself on Amoxycillin, this morning, but I still need to wait for the pain to subside.

Amoxy works to clear the infection and pain. It's what I did January last year. Did it several times. Unfortunately, in the end (June), it lead to tooth extraction as infections deteriorated the jaw bone. Extraction, Implant and follow-up cost about £3,000 in the UK and all OK now. Good luck!

Edited by soi3eddie

By the Way....

To all you guys who DETEST my stupid Topics and Posts:

Now, I am paying for it.

I am in extreme dental pain.

And so, at the very least, I just hope that you guys, the ones who hated my topics, will gain a bit of satisfaction from my extreme suffering.

Regards,

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin

12 minutes ago, proton said:

This is perhaps the oldest and best-known remedy for relieving toothache pain

This ONLY works for dental caries.

This does NOT work for pain caused by infection.

By the way, in my state of mind, when I think of dental caries, I also think of Stephen King and his novel Carrie.

Go to the pharmacy and pick up some antibiotics, doxycycline preferably. And some clorhexidine gel. Grind the antibiotic into powder and mix with the gel. Use an interdental brush and apply between the teeth and don’t wash your mouth for about 30 minutes. Pain will go away.

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry for my stupidity.

I am not thinking right at the moment.

Too much pain.

Don't waste your money on scotch, I have in the past had excellent results with Lao Khao, a fraction of the cost and tastes no worse.  But severe toothache seldom comes from nowhere, rather it starts small and  develops over time as infection takes hold, Of course a genius such as you would know that, so why have you left it so long?  

Give the amoxy time to work and then go and have the tooth ripped out, its a  painless procedure these days you know

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, proton said:

1. Cloves

This is perhaps the oldest and best-known remedy for relieving toothache pain and helping gums to heal. My dentist actually has a little homemade concoction that his grandfather used to make to help with these problems. He won’t tell me everything that’s in it, but I can taste cloves and I must say that this stuff really worked to heal a stubborn sore on my gum!

The active ingredient, eugenol, is in the oil of the clove. In fact, many dental items you buy today contain oil of cloves. Cloves have antimicrobial compounds, as well as a numbing effect, which makes them perfect for tooth or gum pain. Crush a couple of cloves and place it where the pain is for 10 or 15 minutes.

I remember that as a kid, my father had a bottle of something that was i think predominately oil of cloves, Not sure but I think it was called "sloan's liniment"  tasted awful but did help with the pain when applied to the surrounding area, A side effect was producing gallons of saliva

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Hi Folks,

Here's a question that often comes to mind, anytime I have a toothache.

Is Scotch better?

Or, is Irish better?

Do people from Scotland have less toothaches, due to their Scotch Whisky?

Or, are Irish people less plagued by dental pain?

In my opinion, Glenfiddich is the all-time cure for quick dental-pain alleviation.

Drink a liter of Glenfiddich, and even dental pain soon subsides.

As for a good time, however, then a good Cognac is my choice.

What's your opinions?

Regards,

Gamma

https://drinksgeek.com/best-glenfiddich-whisky/

image.png.1195ec61cfc7bcf010b5180ec9a4e340.png

image.png.e1ffc25a2883d7ba966fdfa4d6f65e58.png

Sometimes I get things mixed up, when I am drinking.

BUSHMILLS is the drink for me, when I have a serious toothache....

What about you?

Regards,

image.png

Does nothing. 
Send out for some cannabis. It alters your perception of pain. You know it’s there, but it doesn’t bother you. It’s also helps you to relax. 
If you don’t want to do that then just breathe. Force yourself to deep breath. Deep exaggerated breathing continuously for minutes. It will also calm you, but the pain will return when you stop. 

43 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Amoxy works to clear the infection and pain. It's what I did January last year. Did it several times. Unfortunately, in the end (June), it lead to tooth extraction as infections deteriorated the jaw bone. Extraction, Implant and follow-up cost about £3,000 in the UK and all OK now. Good luck!

I've lost loads of teeth some to decay and some from fighting, I never felt the need to replace any and at £3000 a pop I doubt I ever will

Amoxy does indeed work very well,  years ago I had a rather nasty infection in a front upper tooth, the dentist in the UK , trying to be clever, said "amoxy is no good anymore,  i need to prescribe a different anti-biotic" I think it was called metronidazole or similar, came with dire warnings about drinking alcohol, 1st course didn't work ,  2 days before flying here I started the 2nd course, that didn't work either, by this time even my nose was swollen with the infection, so after a few days in agony here  i sent the misses of to get some amoxy and 2 days later no pain.  I finished the box and all was Ok within a week.   Still got the tooth to this day 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Does nothing. 
Send out for some cannabis. It alters your perception of pain. You know it’s there, but it doesn’t bother you. It’s also helps you to relax. 
If you don’t want to do that then just breathe. Force yourself to deep breath. Deep exaggerated breathing continuously for minutes. It will also calm you, but the pain will return when you stop. 

I believe ketamine works in a similar way re pain relief