Booking an online appointment with Immigration

I come under the Jomtien Immigration Office, and I've seen mixed reports on using the online appointment booking system. Some people say they've booked an appointment, but when they turned up for it they were told to go and join the queue to get a number like everyone else, so what was the point of making a booking? OTOH, I have also seen the rare report of someone who booked an appointment and - apparently - everything went OK. The obvious thing to do would be for me to PM those people and ask for more details of what went right or wrong, but those are posts made over months and no way can I find them again.

Anyway, I need to get another annual retirement extension and Jomtien Office is like a zoo at this time of the year, so I thought I might try the online appointment booking system. I assume once you've selected a date and time, it allows you to print out an appointment slip, which you then take to the Immigration Office and bypass the lengthy queues. What happens then though, as you need a queue number that the IO calls when it's your turn, yet I don't think the online system can give you that? As far as I'm aware, at least in Jomtien, only the guy at the first queue desk can issue those, which may be why people who had made appointments were told to go and join the queue there. Or is there some way of getting a queue number when you turn up with your appointment slip without going back to the beginning?

I know I could just try it and see, but I don't really want to waste an afternoon travelling there to be told to join a queue backing out of the door onto Soi 5, so if anyone knows how an online appointment translates into a queue number, I'd be grateful if you'd explain what I need to do. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Really? Nobody has ever used the online booking system? Or were the results so traumatic that you can't bring yourself to tell us about them, lol?

I made an appointment but it was not good for anything. I did not reply because you wanted to hear from people where it worked. I have not read any reports from Jomtien where an appointment did any good but I know things are changing all the time so was hoping to hear it was now working.

Edited by biervoormij
  • Thumbs Up 1